Solution/Enterprise Architect II
4 days left
- Manages Others?
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Engages with IT Business Partners and key business stakeholders to understand the business objectives and priorities, strategy and plans, supporting business architecture and required capabilities.
- Attains and maintains a solid understanding of the end to end business application processes and provides input into application roadmaps including recommendations of IT driven projects
- Maintains current and future state business capability and application models
- Provides technical direction for the design of complex and large scale systems solutions to effectively meet business needs. Provides leadership for the solution design of projects that address key business needs. This includes the analysis of multiple solution options
- Consults on design approaches to solving visible and complex business problems. Provides technical subject matter expertise and insight related to the business applications within the Transmission, Generation & Energy Procurement domain
- Recommends technical solution alternatives based on variances of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Recommends IT driven initiatives to enable key technical characteristics (Availability, Recoverability, Scalability, Performance characteristics, etc.) of business applications/services with the Transmission, Generation & Energy Procurement.
- Partners with the Enterprise Architecture team on the creation of the conceptual architecture that addresses the high-level business requirements. Participates in Solution Architecture Reviews for applicable projects
- Establishes current and long-range technology direction aimed at keeping the organization on the forefront of change. Maintains a 3-5-year technology roadmap for the associated domain
- Responsible for technical solution approach and macro design for complex and large projects or defined components of Enterprise projects
- Authors complex macro level technical designs that define how the functional requirements will be technically including consideration for: Performance, Security, Availability, as well as Operations, Monitoring and Support
- Provides guidance to an extended project team related to the solution architecture and technical design. Assists and advises project teams in the configuration, testing, implementation and support of technical solutions
- Attain and maintains expert knowledge in multiple business applications/services or a critical highly integrated Enterprise business application/service supporting the Transmission, Generation & Energy Procurement domain.
- Provides architecture support for other activities as assigned such as production support escalations, vendor RFPs, proofs of concepts, special projects
- May mentor one or more junior members of the team
- Responsible for ongoing communication and engagement with all key stakeholders
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 8 of IT experience
- Minimum of 3 year of experience in IT Architecture Development.
- Solid functional foundation for understanding the business processes supporting existing and future Transmission, Generation & Energy Procurement programs
- Extensive experience interpreting functional needs and writing or editing solution designs for new systems, systems changes or system enhancements.
- Previous experience in the design phase of complex systems projects
- Technology design experience which includes: performance, security, availability, as well as operations, monitoring and support
- Experience and domain knowledge with architecting core Transmission, Generation & Energy Procurement
- Integrated Transmission Asset Management Systems
- Portfolio Planning and Optimization
- EVs & Network support
- Transmission Optimization & Monitoring
- Renewable / DER Integration
- Grid Resiliency
- Asset Condition
- Substation Monitoring & Automation
- Transmission Network deployment
- Transmission Pilots
- Energy Storage
- Working knowledge of supporting architectures and Enterprise Services
- Data Management, BI, Reporting, Analytics and Data Storage Services
- Middleware and Integration Technology Services (e.G. Mulesoft, Oracle Fusion, etc.)
- Mobility Services
- Cloud and Hosting Service
- Network and Security Services
- Working knowledge of regulatory policies and controls (e.G. Sarbanes Oxley, PCI, etc.)
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of IT, vendor and business management
- Strong technical skills with vendor product evaluations, software and technology analysis, service oriented architecture and convergence of cross utility functions
- Strong consulting, leading and mentoring skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills to frequently interact with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work both independently and within cross functional project teams that span multiple time-zones
- Ability to understand the big picture and the short-term perspectives of specific situations
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Strong problem-solving and analytic skills
- Expert knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Ability to alter direction easily to accommodate changing priorities
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline (required)
- Master s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline (preferred)