- Safely perform removal, installation, and/or fabrication of aircraft interiors (which may include seats, carpets, galleys, closets, lavatories, side ledges, bulkheads, doors and panels)
- Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with Repair Station procedures, internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications
- Install cabin and cockpit seats and furniture
- Fabricates and pre- fit interior components associated with the modification specs and does simple layout on such items as O2 boxes, brackets, clips, lights and gaspers etc.
- Seeks methods to cross train to develop technical skills and business knowledge.
- Removes and installs all interior components and soundproofing materials to meet company quality standards
- Reads and interprets blueprints, drawings, and production procedures to determine measurements and installation procedures
- Measures and marks installation areas in aircraft interior, using measuring and marking instruments and templates
- Fits and installs items in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, and fasteners, such as screws, rivets, bolts, and speed nuts
- Fabricates and installs supporting structural devices, such as clips, brackets, angles, gussets, and doublers, using shop equipment
- Tests functional performance of installed items
Performs other duties as required
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred but not required
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to distinguish align on intricate parts
- Advanced knowledge of aircraft installation and/or fabrication processes applicable to the specific position, such as removal and installation of galleys, closets, lavatories, side ledges, bulkheads, doors, panels; working with composite panels made from composite honeycomb, fiberglass, Lexan, acrylic materials, etc.
- Must possess required tools and tool box
- Basic computer skills
- Visual capacity and muscular dexterity to work on fine detail, high cost products with a minimum of errors and rework. Must be able to climb in and out of aircraft and perform work in tight or confined places and positions
- Requires excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be flexible with shift work