Audio Transducer Engineer
3 days left
- Manages Others?
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Audio Transducer Engineer, in Menlo Park, CA.
- Design and specify transducers and related enclosures, ports or radiators.
- Collaborate with vendors to customize and optimize performance, mechanical features and testing of transducers.
- Multiphysics simulation of transducers and speaker systems using FEM and BEM tools.
- Present detailed data and design recommendations based on simulation and physical findings.
- Characterize and benchmark speaker performance using industry standard tools.
- Drive the vendors and internal teams to meet all reliability requirements.
- Evaluate and design-in new materials, components and technologies.
- Support bring up of new designs with limited international travel.
- Traveling roughly 25% or less (China/Possibly Europe).
- 5+ years of relevant audio design work experience (Need at least 3+ years of recent transducer design experience specifically).
- Attention to detail and process driven.
- Has delivered transducer designs to mass production with aggressive schedules.
- Experience working on consumer hardware products.
- Demonstrated communication skills and experience working across disciplines to drive optimal solution.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Physics or equivalent practical experience.
- MS or PhD in Acoustics or equivalent.
- Experience collaborating with industrial design, mechanical engineering and other cross functional teams to develop the optimal acoustics architecture, design and integration for the product.
- Knowledge of DSP tuning methods, smart amplifiers, audio system architecture a plus.