Responsible for performing system engineering for automation process control projects based on programmable controllers, operator/field device, instrumentation, etc. Responsible for the design, implementation, test of control and automation systems working in a project team environment. Design, define and implement complex system requirements for customers and/or prepare studies and analyze existing systems. Determine system specifications and coordinate design of subsystems and integration of total system. This includes system design, system engineering, hardware engineering, programming, factory testing and site testing. Identify, analyze and resolve program support deficiencies. Develop and recommend corrective actions. Be a contributing part of a project team but also responsible to lead and review all assigned engineering team and their assigned tasks for a project. Assign tasks, monitor performance, review results, coordinate efforts, and track hours usage on project. Prepare and organize assigned projects and work closely with the Project Manager to maintain and lower project costs, while providing the highest level of quality.
Analyzes customer’s requirements to determine the optimal process control system solution and determines applicable control configuration/architecture.
Provides updates to project manager/leader pertaining to status of activities, performance to schedule and budget.
Performs conceptual process control systems design, determination of process control system strategy, design of assembled programming
May provides on-site process control system start-up as required.
Plan, schedule, coordinate and monitor resources for projects including setting and managing time-scales and budgets.
Provide verbal and written reports to communicate project status as required and contribute to project review meetings.
Visit internal/external panel manufacturing facilities to assess progress, provide technical assistance and for final inspection and sign off.
Client liaison and interface with management.
Development and maintenance of customer relationship.
Team player with the ability to integrate with other team project members.
Participate in technical execution of projects with a combined value of up to $500k with multiple projects simultaneously.
Responsible for meeting project schedule, engineering hour budgets, and customer satisfaction targets for own activities in support of the project team.
Review project hardware/software for compliance with applicable codes/standards and assure personnel/machinery safety practices are fully implemented.
Attends, participates in the preparation and presentation of technical papers in industry symposiums and trade shows, as applicable.
Coordinate customer requirements with engineering and other appropriate departments to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years related experience in control systems engineering which relates to industrial automation systems (BPCS, CCS, SIS, BMS, HIPPS).
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years related experience in electrical design, including schematics and panel layout; programming logic solvers and HMI’s.
- Ability to design utilizing ACAD electrical (optional).
- Must be available and willing to work overtime on occasion meet customer project commitments.
- Occasional travel and work at customer sites, including industrial plants, ships, etc., which may require climbing, working in confined spaces and other unusual work environments.
- Experience of control system applications throughout the project lifecycle from initial design concepts through to installation and subsequent client support.
- Familiarity with IT infrastructure (Microsoft Server), virtualization (vMware, thin clients), and database (OSI-PI, SQL) set-up, configuration and deployment
- Knowledge of process control fundamentals (control loops, loop tuning, instrumentation, control valves, interpretation of P&ID).
- Knowledge of Rockwell Automation Logic Solvers (BPCS and/or Safety Systems).
- Knowledge of Network for Industrial Automation Systems (Design, configuration and troubleshoot of Layer 2 switches, routers and firewalls).
- Knowledge of codes and standards applicable to industrial control systems including the NEC, NFPA 72, 85, 86, IEC61511, IEC 61508, API 14C and UL508A.