Chief Pilot - Farmingdale, NY
Ventura Aviation, a family owned and operated business providing charter, sales and aircraft maintenance services for more than 30 years. We have experienced growth of our fleet as well as demand for our charter services in the past 12 months and are now seeking a Chief Pilot to help us create cultural alignment, train and develop our team, and standardize operations as we almost double our pilot staff. This will be 50% in office and 50% flying the line.
• MUST BE Willing to live near Farmingdale, NY. This is not a remote job
• MUST MEET FAR119 REQUIREMENTS FOR CHIEF PILOT POSITION OF A 135 OPERATOR
• Excellent with Computers and Microsoft Office Suite
Additionally, this critical position requires an experienced aviation professional & pilot with great leadership and communication skills. The position reports to the Director of Operations, and requires close work with our Operations, Maintenance and Charter Sales departments, to ensure the highest levels of safety and an exceptional passenger experience. Our missions include charter, owner and life-saving, organ transplant flying with our fleet of Lear 35 & 55s based out of Republic Airport in Farmingdale, NY. This is an opportunity to be a part of a fast growing, highly-respected company that values teamwork, has a passion for customer service and never compromises safety.
Want to know what it's like to work at Ventura? Check out this link http://bit.ly/WorkingAtVentura
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinate with Director of Operations, Director of Technical Services, Director of Safety and scheduling to ensure all flights are conducted in compliance with all FAA and other regulations
• Ensure policies and procedures support the company’s mission to provide an exceptional customer experience, including our highest priority: Safety
• Maintain crew staffing levels; develop annual staffing & training plan
• Develop and maintain a roster of available crewmembers including the status of each crewmember with regard to that crewmember’s training, checking status and medical status plus aircraft assignment, limitations or restrictions and other pertinent information for that crewmember’s eligibility for assignment to a flight
• Oversee & coach supporting staff (Director of Training, Base Managers), and all line crew with our company values in mind; Develop company Check Airmen
• Responsible for all crew records and dissemination & development of company SOPs, and other company manuals as needed. This includes developing and maintaining crew flight schedules, reports and correspondence pertaining to operations activities. Plus developing and maintaining aircraft checklists, ensuring currency of aeronautical charts and disseminating information regarding routes.
•• Will fly when needed
- We offer medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- HSA Account (Savings of 30-40% on Medical Bills)
- 401K with company match
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Vacation days/Holiday Pay
- **An interest in the company may be available for the right candidate**
Ventura is an industry-leader in aviation. Our mission has been the same for over three decades: To inspire you to ask what else is possible and to enable you to live your most extraordinary life.
From our commitment to safety to our passion for customer service, we take ownership of our work and believe great teams create exceptional results. We believe building a great company culture is not an accident. Our 6 Core Values have been the primary guide in growing our team, defining strategies and building our brand: 1) Support One Another 2) Have Fun 3) Care Deeply 4) Speak Up 5) Constant, Never Ending Improvement 6) Do Your Best