Employer: APA Services
Position: Flight Line Inspector
Salary: Not Specified
Job Role: Aircraft Maintenance, Compliance and Regulatory, Quality Assurance / Inspection, Flight Line Services
Job Type: Contract
Hours: Full Time
Minimum Exp Req'd: 3 years
Degree Required: High School
Manages Others: No
Flight Line Inspector
The Mesa Total Quality team is seeking to fill a Production Flight Line Inspector position. This position will report to the Manager, Integrated Quality in Mesa, AZ. The Flight Line Inspection team is responsible to perform all phases of inspection on operational aircraft, AH-64 and Mission Enhanced Little Bird (MELB). This position is 2nd shift, however the successful candidate may be assigned to work alternate shifts as required to support production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow blue prints, planning, technical manuals, special inspections, and written or verbal instructions to set up in-process and final inspections.
- Use various standard and precision instruments and equipment to perform inspections of aircraft structure, flight controls, power plants, armament, electrical, avionics, and instrumentation systems to ensure compliance to engineering and contract requirements and preservation, military, or FAA specifications.
- Perform preflight, post flight, and special inspections; maintains historical records per FAA/DCMA, customer maintenance and quality documents, and Boeing requirements.
- Work with manufacturing, engineering, quality, and customer personnel to identify and document results of inspections to include acceptance or rejection data and documentation of non-conformance.
- May perform mechanical, electrical, or airframe installation, removal, rework and repair.
- Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and non-conformance issues.
- Check units for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges and scales.
- Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to safety officials or manufacturing supervision.
- Report on job status and restraints to coworkers and supervision.
- Identify production inefficiencies and suggests potential improvements to product or process.
- Works under minimal direction.
- Have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- AH-64 experience in: product acceptance / inspection techniques, Non-Conformance Management (NCM), preflight, post flight, special inspections, flight control systems (assembly/rigging), hydraulic systems, engine / APU assembly installation and operation, Drive system assembly/installation and Flight Safety Parts.
- Experience interpreting and working from blueprints, Helicopter Process specification (HP), sketches and written and verbal instructions.
- Specialized vocational or military training or an Associate’s degree and 3 to 5 years work related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiar with Army aircraft log books and DA PAM 738-751
- Strong communication, effective teaming and collaboration skills are required.
- Additionally, the successful candidate must be comfortable working in a team environment supporting a dynamic production flight test area.
- Technical Inspector experience is strongly preferred.
- Candidates must report on day 1 with acceptable US Persons documentation per U.S. Export Control Compliance requirements.
- Candidates will take hands on assessment on day 1 of reporting
About Our Client:
Our client is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense, space and security systems. A top U.S. exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in 150 countries. Our client’s products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
To learn about APA Services' ground-breaking employee referral program "Constant Cash", please click to watch the video below or visit apaconstantcash.com. Visit us at apaconstantcash.com to register, refer and start earning today.