The primary function of a Field Project Engineer is to support the PMO Mission through mitigating risk, creating demand, and improving productivity. This position supports the Project Manager through technical ownership of the order and creates a positive customer experience through a proactive approach to project support and issue resolution. This position leverages centralized resources to manage documentation and resolve issues and builds relationships across customers and Eaton facilities to deliver a successful project. This position works independently on daily tasks, taking direction from local Project Managers and reporting into the PMO Engineering Manager
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support Project Managers by managing technical information on Project Managed orders including contract drawings, specifications, manufacturing documents, and warranty support; creating a positive customer experience through a proactive approach to project support and issue resolution
- You will review of project specifications and contracts
- You will review order specifics prior to entry insuring technical accuracy
- You will manage of technical changes to the bill of material
- You will coordination and interpretation of plant drawings
- You will leveraging centralized resources for the creation of submittal packages
- You will analyze closure of warranty issues
- You will review operations and maintenance materials
You will ensure that accurate information flows to and from the customer in a timely manner
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Qualifications Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in a technical, sales, project management, or marketing function.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Sales training and/or Electrical Industry certifications.
- Work experience in the Electrical Industry, specifically the Electrical Contracting industry is preferred.
- Ability to respond to a variety of challenging circumstances while continuing to demonstrate superior selling skills for important customer services and applications
- Electrical product knowledge
- Ability to provide technical solutions built around customer needs
- Project Management skills.
- Possess commercial skills while understanding and using techniques needed to close-out projects.
- Experience with preparing sales proposals that meet customer expectations
- Solid presentation, training and communications skills
- Experience utilizing Value Added selling techniques
- Strong work ethic, communications skills, competitiveness, willingness to learn and adept at building relationships
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time