Source/ Field Inspector
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making.
- Perform complex electrical and/or mechanical inspections that may include but are not limited to:
- Checks supplier’s work and progress to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Plans, performs, and reports results of evaluations of operating practices in production, inspection, and supporting departments.
- Evaluates accuracy and verifies implementation of reported corrective actions.
- Maintains appropriate records, initiates various inputs for management summaries, and assures that survey history documentation is complete and maintained to meet applicable requirements.
- Performs special evaluations, audits and appraisals as required.
- Prepares reports and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment.
- Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified.
- Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
20 Handle data maintenance
20 Participate in audits
20 Assist and train personnel
20 Process and compliance support
You Must Have:
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and two (2) years of experience OR a High School Diploma and four (4) years of experience required in a mechanical and/or electrical engineering, manufacturing, or production environment as a Quality Inspector, Auditor, Machinists, or Quality Engineering role.
- Previous experience as a Vendor Contact Field Representative (field inspector)
- Thorough knowledge of and the ability to interpret the facility’s engineering and quality specifications and drawing requirements to suppliers.
- Strong understanding and use of various computer equipment and software.
- Current certification from Honeywell or other recognized professional organization (American Welding Society (AWS); American Society for Quality (ASQ); ISO-1000; IPC-600 and/or IPC-610; NDT or equivalent certification).
- Extensive Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: req193726
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: Minneapolis, MN USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.