Employer: APA Services
Position: Avionics Installer II AOG
Salary: Not Specified
Job Role: Avionics, Assembly, AOG
Job Type: Contract
Hours: On Call
Minimum Exp Req'd: 9 years
Manages Others: No
Avionics Installer II AOG
The Install Specialist performs installation, troubleshooting and repair of aircraft wiring and avionics systems using various hand tools, test equipment, and technical reference materials to meet manufacturing specifications, Duncan approved procedures, FARs, and industry standards in a safe and organized work area. In addition, this position may perform as a Qualified Inspector (QI).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Essential Job Functions
- 1. Performs wire marking, bundling, and pre-pinning systems to be installed.
- 2. Performs routing of wiring throughout aircraft and connecting wiring to accessories such as relays, circuit breakers, connectors and switches using technical reference materials (i.e. aircraft technical manuals, parts catalogs, etc.). Learns and performs preparation and pinning of new system terminations per manufacturer specifications, Duncan Aviation approved procedure and FARs.
- 3. Disassembles and reassembles aircraft interior, instrument panels, and avionics equipment bays prior to and/or following the installation of wiring and/or repair of avionics systems, using proper handling and storage techniques. Learns to properly document all removal and installation of aircraft parts and accessories according Installation approved procedures.
- 4. Performs wiring checks and limited/basic system checks to ensure functionality of wiring installations. Adjusts, repairs or replaces defective parts and wiring on aircraft systems and avionics equipment.
- 5. Troubleshoots systems and reports problems to a senior technician.
- 6. Communicates and interacts professionally with the internal and external customers to educate and answers questions regarding the technical functions of the customer’s aircraft, within area of expertise.
- 7. Enters a description of work completed on the work order and demonstrates an understanding of the work order procedure.
- 8. Be available to provide a continuation of service and be a point of contact for internal or external customers before or after scheduled hours of work.
- 9. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Licenses/Certificates: Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record; QI designation; Eligibility for Repairman’s Certificate
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required; on-call and occasional multiple night travel rotation
- Physical: Routinely lifts up to 50 lbs., occasionally 100 lbs.; reads small print and identifies colors; tolerates working in confined space and heights above four feet; hears sounds associated with mechanical deficiencies; repetitive motion; works with moving parts and vibration; tolerates products and materials associated with component maintenance; tolerates standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and sitting
- Environmental: Tolerates working in extreme temperatures and noisy environments
- Work Schedule: Must be available for all shifts.
About Our Client:
Our client is the largest family owned maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the world, providing complete acquisition, sales and nose-to-tail support services for business aircraft.
They provide premier aircraft services–delivered on time–for a wide variety of business aircraft at our facilities across the United States.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (888) 272-7868
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
To learn about APA Services' ground-breaking employee referral program "Constant Cash", please click to watch the video below or visit apaconstantcash.com. Visit us at apaconstantcash.com to register, refer and start earning today.