Fluids Design Engineer
This position designs hydraulic and pneumatic systems for use on paper machinery. Fluid designs are integrated with PLC control, and actuate mechanical components as a unified system.
- Creation of hydraulic and pneumatic circuit drawings.
- Creation of piping diagrams
- Creation of Bills of Materials
- Creation of valve panel assembly drawings
- Simple to complex layout/design of equipment
- Component selection
- System sizing (hydraulic power units, valves, pipes)
- Engineering calculations for flow and pressure
- Create installation task lists
- Participation in installation and start-up as required
- Participate in customer contact as required
- Other engineering related activities as needed
- Provide input to / participate in process improvement programs
- Provide technical support to other departments
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Competent verbal and written communication skills.
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible and available to interact with customers as required
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate customer needs and make recommendations for implementation.
- Up to 15% travel may be required primarily in USA and Canada.