Aircraft Tech II –
Aircraft Tech II Needed in Savannah, GA
Only qualified candidates with the below experience will be considered for this position.
Job Description & Requirements:
Airframe & Power Plant license preferred must have in possession for Aircraft Tech Sr.,Fixed wing, Turbine aircraft experience preferred, Repair Station experience preferred (Part 145), Total airframe experience preferred, including hydraulics, sheet metal, composites, pneumatics, flight control surfaces and rigging, landing gear and associated components, APU's, Engine R/R, fuel systems, etc., Fly by wire experience a plus, Line maintenance, depot level maintenance, scheduled and unscheduled check maintenance preferred. Business/Corporate Jet maintenance highly preferred. Experience with high end cabins and related systems preferred. These are in service aircraft that have to be maintained and returned to the customer on time, every time. Must be able to work any shift.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate and 2 years of aviation maintenance experience, or 4 years of aviation maintenance experience to include 2 years of experience working on mid/large-size aircraft required.
Under minimal supervision, performs inspections, maintenance, and repairs of moderate to advanced complexity on aircraft systems and structures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Essential Functions:
- Communicate as required to receive and understand work assignments. Perform complex aircraft inspections, repairs, and modifications with minimal supervision.
- Coordinate with MTL, STM, and the Inspection Department to ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and documentation requirements. Properly complete CMP cards, work order sign-offs, and other paperwork in a timely and accurate manner. Assist as needed with shift turnovers.
- Ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications.
- Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment. Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely.
- Follow standard operating procedures when operating ground support equipment (external power carts, hydraulic mules, hydraulic lift platforms, tow tugs, forklifts, compressed gas cylinders, etc.)
- Coordinate, accomplish, and assist with aircraft movement in hangar and ramp areas.
- Provide training to less experienced technicians.
- Protect customer property (PTP).
- Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic fluids, de-icing fluids, and solvent rags. Apply 6S and Lean Initiatives to keep shops, hangars, and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered.
- Implement and apply Lean/continuous improvement processes to all areas of responsibility.
- Properly use and maintain Company-provided tools and equipment. Return items to designated storage area after use.
- Comply with safety rules and procedures. Use protective equipment as required and be alert for unsafe conditions. Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks, and sign-offs, and to charge labor to correct work orders.
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Working knowledge of the FAA regulations, process specifications, Repair Station and Quality Control manuals, and company policies and procedures.
Aviation Personnel currently offers:
- .50 cents per mile up to $200.00 Travel Pay on your first check, Plus a $100.00 longevity Monthly bonus!
- Great benefits like: Holiday Pay, Vacation Pay, $100.00 referrals fees and FREE Direct Deposit. Cash Advances Available!
- Did you know Aviation Personnel GUARANTEES Highest pay package at every location we have openings? Please, give us a call @ 817-244-2125
We look forward to helping you find your next assignment; also please forward our information to your friends who might be interested as well.