Analyst, Treasury I
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 80 destinations in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 300 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2016 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
The treasury department is a high exposure component of the corporate finance area of the company that manages a variety of important responsibilities that are impactful.
The fleet analyst role is an integral part of the department responsible for aiding in managing the fleet of aircraft from a transactional perspective, including, lease payments, maintenance deposit payments, maintenance claim reimbursements, analyzing and supporting management of key vendor contracts, as well as providing support to the treasury manager for various ad hoc forecasting and financial analysis projects that are frequently required by senior management.
The fleet analyst will be expected to contribute to other areas of the treasury team, including corporate insurance, fuel operations and risk management.
- Prepare approvals relating to lease payments and maintenance deposit payments for all aircraft in the fleet.
- Submission of maintenance deposit reimbursement claims and interact with lessors relating to maintenance performed and qualification for reimbursement.
- Work with Maintenance and Engineering to understand the scope of maintenance being performed on the aircraft and the financial/contractual implications of the same.
- Assist in analyzing and presenting the appropriate methods to effectively lease/buy aircraft.
- Analyze key contracts with manufacturers such as Airbus, CFM and Honeywell and support contract management on an ongoing basis.
- Evaluate market conditions and analyze financial implications of movements in the interest rate environment.
- Aide in presentation of periodic updates of the financial environment pertaining to leasing/buying aircraft to senior management.
- Assist in developing finance & business presentations such as Board of Director presentations and lenders’ presentations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business; combination of relevant education and experience considered in lieu of degree
- Experience in maintenance and MRO related aspects of airlines
- Previous airline/lessor experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with Excel and Word
- Desire and willingness to work within a team structure
- Strong organizational skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Function well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to work with strict confidentiality
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.