Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler
Join Swissport’s Hiring Event!
When: Thursday , May 30, 2019
Time: 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Location: Swissport HR Office
1818 Gilbreth Road Suite 238
Burlingame, CA 94010
Pay rate is $17.50-$19.75/hr . We offer free medical benefits , 401k, flight benefits, paid training, Weekly Pay, growth potential & more! Join our team today!
If you’re interested in joining the Swissport Family, we are hiring on-site at this job fair! Were you referred by a current Swissport employee? Let us know when you apply on-line at: www.swissport.com/careers or call Human Resources at (650)615-9370 for more information on available positions
To provide all necessary and required under-wing ground support services as contracted by the customer to include but not be limited to loading and unloading baggage and cargo, marshalling, water and lavatory servicing.
- Marshall aircraft during arrival and departure
- Unload passenger luggage and air cargo, bulk and/or containers/pallets, onto carts and/or dollies
- Unload wheelchairs and child strollers and deliver to designated location
- Provide special handling of luggage/cargo as required/directed
- Deliver passenger luggage to claim area and unload onto conveyor system
- Deliver air cargo to appropriate recipient
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment to include tow tractors, tow bars, belt loaders, container loaders, baggage tugs, water/lavatory service trucks, aircraft ground power units, aircraft air start units, air stairs, aircraft de-icing units, baggage carts, cargo dollies and passenger vans.
- Collect and load mail, live animals, wheelchairs and child strollers onto aircraft
- Service aircraft water and lavatories
- Inspect ramp areas adjacent to gate and aircraft for debris and remove/dispose of when found.
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Comply with all federal, state, municipal, airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
- Previous ramp experience a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- Good communication skills
- Language skills
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- Has open availability & Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Excellent Health & Safety awareness
- Lift heavy objects that could reach 70 pounds (32 kilograms)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 60,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 269 stations in 48 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fuelling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.50 to $19.75 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- United States (Required)
Hours per week:
Overtime often available: