Regional Admin Lead
Messer Construction Co. is an award-winning construction manager and general contractor that provides leadership for complex commercial building projects. An employee-owned company, Messer now stands as one of the nation’s leading health care and higher education builders. Messer’s footprint has grown to ten regional offices located across the Midwest and Southeast: Raleigh & Charlotte, North Carolina; Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton Ohio; Louisville and Lexington Kentucky; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Knoxville & Nashville, Tennessee. Messer employees live where they work, resulting in the company’s sustained commitment to building better communities.
Messer is seeking a Regional Administrative Lead that will collaborate with the Administrative Services Executive.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide leadership and coordination of project support needs for the region. May also perform project support duties. This includes following up on non-compliance and other items with our subcontractors, performing basic accounting functions to support the projects, i.e., data entry, compiling billing information, tracking specific data for the project, producing a lump sum bill and other related tasks
- Provide prequalification research to identify status of subcontractors with whom we work prior to committing.
- Plan and coordinate monthly owner reports for the region in accordance with Corporate Communications template. Supply proficient skill sets in the production and delivery of such reports to ensure Messer is consistently represented as best in class
- Ensure project close out documents are arranged according to the project retention policy for retrieval purposes
- Provide assistance with technical skills associated with Microsoft Suite
Inside Sales Support
Assist Business Development with activities associated with achieving the regions sales goal. These activities include:
- Utilize CRM software, Salesforce for capturing client interactions, research and reporting
- Utilize the DAM software to support Business Development in identifying, assembling and printing materials for client meetings and proposal submissions
- Provide research assistance and perform due diligence on opportunity leads, accounts, individuals, etc.
- Provide support for external events (trade show, conferences, chamber dinners, etc.): payments, invitations, confirm details and attendees, etc.
- Schedule and coordinate internal meetings
- Provide Business Development assistance in creating standing meeting reports Assist with regional qualifications and registrations as needed
- Coordinate employee related transactions (i.e. interviews, onboarding, separations, FMLA etc.)
- Distribute new policies or key collateral that are rolled out from various departments/initiatives in the company (i.e., wellness program)
- Communicate company branding guidelines to ensure the representation of Messer is consistent across the company
- Manage data entry for electronic imaging and workflow of various business documents pertinent to the region and ensuring timeliness and accuracy of such documents (invoice header, expense statement processing, craft & administrative payroll, etc.)
- Manage the region page on the intranet
- Plan and coordinate office events (i.e. regional office meetings, company picnic & holiday party)
- Coordinate project administration and regional administration support, switchboard operations, building maintenance needs, office space, equipment, vendor management and mail distribution
- 5+years of senior level administrative experience preferred
- Management experience preferred
- High school diploma required, college degree a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) experience. Must know how to
- Outlook – task planning, calendar management, appointment management, email management
- Word – headers/footers, tables, forms, templates, mail merge, hyperlinks, charts, watermarks, SmartArt
- PowerPoint - insertion of hyperlinks, .jpgs, transitions, graphs, flow charts, organization charts
- Excel - filters, sorts, subtotals, charts, graphs, formatting, text and number formulas, pivot tables, process flow charts, organization charts
- PDF Factory, Bluebeam Revu – bookmarking, typewriter function, page manipulation, cropping
- Experience with general office equipment (scanners, copiers, printers, mailing machines, etc.)
Abilities: Possess all auditory, speaking and communicating capabilities Physical requirements: sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, climbing, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 25lbs., seeing and reading
All Messer employees are required to comply with our Substance Abuse Prevention Policy as a condition of employment. Messer may condition offers of employment upon taking and passing of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen.
We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth. If you would like to join our team of employee-owners and are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, please visit our website at http://www.messer.com/careers.
Messer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Messer is committed to a diverse workforce.
PreferredDetail Oriented : Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well Enthusiastic : Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest Team Player : Works well as a member of a group Functional Expert : Considered a thought leader on a subject Dedicated : Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity Leader : Inspires teammates to follow them
PreferredFlexibility : Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals Ability to Make an Impact : Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization Self-Starter : Inspired to perform without outside help