Assistant Yard Supervisor
We are currently seeking an Assistant Yard Supervisor to help us to maintain that commitment as we continue to grow.
In this position, you will assist with the day-to-day operations of the branch while also providing leadership to our teams. This will allow you to showcase not only your administrative and project management skills, but also your coaching and mentoring capabilities.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Championing the development of leadership competencies that drive individual and team goals
- Meeting customer and shipment metrics, including time to fill, expediting orders, and quoting
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring programs and activities related to product promotion and inside sales, office and warehouse functions, and customer service – as well measuring the results
- Training, and developing service center personnel
- Assisting account managers in the identification, acquisition, and retention of customers
- Managing inventory, receivables, expenses, and profit/loss accounting
- Reviewing and completing monthly reports as well as overseeing petty cash balancing
- Ensuring that customer relations are maintained at a high level
- Utilizing key metrics to evaluate and recommend best practices for operations
- Managing vendor relationships
- Creating a positive, dynamic, and fun work environment
As a supervisor, you must be a strong, motivational leader with strong administrative, project management, and mentoring abilities. You should also be highly detail-oriented with solid analytical and problem-solving skills. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills as well as the ability to establish rapport and build solid relationships with service staff and a wide variety of customers.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- 3+ years of proven sales or leadership experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Solid understanding of financial and accounting concepts
- Computer proficiency and the ability to quickly learn our ordering system
- Energy/ Oil & Gas experience, preferred
- Service center experience, preferred
- ERP / SAP experience, a plus
Applied US Energy, Inc., a subsidiary of Applied Industrial Technologies, is a distributor of products, services and expertise to customers in the upstream and midstream segments of the oil & gas industry. Production equipment includes pumps, valves, metering devices, and more; value-added services encompass design, repair, and testing, to name just a few. Applied US Energy operates from locations in Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana and Colorado, and includes the well-known oil & gas companies Reliance Industrial Products, Knox Oil Field Supply, Ira Pump & Supply, and affiliate Texas Oilpatch Services.Parent company Applied Industrial Technologies is a leading distributor of bearings, power transmission products, engineered fluid power, specialty flow control solutions, and other industrial supplies, serving MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber, fluid power, and flow control shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to its customers.