POSITION: Technician - Hydraulics
Location: Auburn, Washington
Department: Hydraulic Shop
This position is primarily responsible for the repair/overhaul of hydraulic operated aircraft components. The position cross-trains in other departments. This position reads, writes and understands the English language, follow directions and works individually and in a team environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Test, disassemble, inspect, repair and reassemble aircraft components.
- Work overtime and holidays on a short notice.
- Follow customer’s special instructions and requirements.
- Follow all company procedures and policies.
- Follow all safety and security policies and regulations.
- Back up department functions, cross-train in other departments and performs other duties as necessary.
- Report to work on a regular and consistent basis.
REQUIRED ABILITY TO:
- Read and understand component maintenance/overhaul manuals.
- Read and understand drawings, wiring schematics and flow diagrams.
- Be a reliable self-starter.
- Demonstrate the use of common hand tools.
- Demonstrate the use of torque wrenches, micrometers, dial calipers and multi-meters.
- Stand and work for long periods of time.
- Lift, move, push and pull up to fifty (50) lbs. on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Build alliances, partnerships and collaborate with co-workers in a tactful, professional and respectful manner. Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Resolve workplace differences and conflict to achieve goals and objectives in a professional manner.
- Foster an atmosphere of new ideas, input and creative solutions when faced with challenges.
- Listen to others attentively and retain/process information effectively.
- Promote a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, and socially responsible while championing an energetic and positive work culture.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Airframe or Airframe and Powerplant license.
- Continuous work in manufacturing/production setting.
- Continuous walking and standing, and lifting, pushing and pulling heavy objects throughout the work day.
- Flexibility to work long hours and occasional weekends.