Manager - Cloud Operations
Southwest is looking for a Leader to join our Enterprise Cloud & DevOps Organization to lead our AWS Cloud Operations Team. This Team is responsible for the day to day operation of the foundational components of our Cloud applications. This is a 24X7 that requires knowledge of AWS and enterprise support functions. Additionally this Leader is responsible for managing spend with AWS to ensure that we are getting the most value from the dollars we spend.
People & Organizational Leadership:
- Cultivate, support, and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity, teamwork and work-life balance.
- Lead, support, and influence the achievement of the mission, goals and objectives of the department and organization.
- Participate fully in organizational processes / initiatives, i.e. performance management, interviewing, budgeting, training, etc.
- Lead the resolution of organization, team and individual issues, making appropriate decision.
- Recruit, develop, and retain individuals with skills, attitude, and experience necessary to enable the organization to meet commitments.
- Provide continuous coaching to improve Teammember, peer performance and business knowledge.
- Develop and execute strategies and processes to improve performance and the value of products and services provided.
- Lead cross-functional Teams to deliver solutions and services to meet enterprise needs.
- Represent multiple teams and customers related to cross-department initiatives, meetings and decisions.
- Promote and participate in the exchange of learning across the organization.
- Pursue technical, functional and professional development opportunities with the company and industry.
- Possess a solid working knowledge of the business functions that align with assigned Team’s responsibilities, and effectively apply that knowledge to provide solutions, support and services.
Functional / Technical Knowledge:
- Provides Technical thought Leadership related to assigned functional areas.
- Understands best practices, capabilities and constraints related to delivering technical solutions.
- Specializes in delivering technology solutions using best practices to achieve maximum Team productivity while delivering high quality products.
- Stays abreast of emerging trends, processes, and solutions related to assigned responsibilities.
Influencing & Relationship Building:
- Builds strong, collaborative relationships & credibility with various Teams inside & outside of Technology.
- Influences and drives change across respective Business and Technology functions.
- Effectively oversees fiduciary responsibilities.
- Works with Technology and business partners to measure financial benefits and demonstrable business value.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- BS / MS or BA / MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in a Business and / or Information Technology environment.
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience leading teams and providing work direction.
- Experience leading IT Infrastructure and Operations teams preferred.
- Experience supporting AWS and/or Cloud capabilities preferred.
- IT operations financial management experience preferred.
- May be asked on occasions to lift and/or pull weights loads of approx. 20 lbs. on a periodic basis.
- May require extended work hours per Leaders’ request.
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a periodic basis.
- General knowledge of business/Leadership principals, including planning, organizing, directing, developing, and supervising
- General knowledge of personnel practices and regulations.
- General knowledge of software development practices, concepts, methodologies, tools and trends
- Proficient knowledge of project management methodologies
- Excellent partnering, negotiation and communication skills in order to facilitate interactions with business Customers and technology teams.
- Provides tactical leadership for Team(s)
- Uses appropriate motivation and influence techniques to achieve desired Team results.
- Sets and manages stakeholder expectations.
- Delivers quality projects on time and within budget.
- Manages projects using the organization’s project management methodology.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Limited travel with potential for increased/decreased travel based upon Technology Department needs.
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.