Field Service Project Manager- Fairfield, OH
Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 242320
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Fairfield
Other Locations: United States-Wisconsin-, United States-South Dakota-, United States-Kentucky-, United States-North Dakota-, United States-Iowa-, United States-Minnesota-
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 75%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
As the Field Service Project Manager, you will be responsible for all phases of Field Service Projects, sales, planning/coordination and management for the repair, revamp, installation and modernization of Dresser-Rand and non-nameplate equipment.
You will also bring creative thinking abilities to handle certain situations. Also work closely with team members communicating on each levels.
This position will primarily be supporting (all) & must reside in (one) the following Midwest states (ND, SD, MN, WI, IA, MO, IL, KY, IN, MI & OH).
- Sell, plan, coordinate and manage Field Service projects for the repair, revamp, installation of D-R and non-nameplate equipment worldwide.
- In charge of total coordination to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction with our services and equipment.
- Complete ownership of Field Service projects
- Quote projects
- Negotiate with clients on projects regarding job scope and pricing
- Initiate project manpower requirements and tooling requirements
- Manage project costs and margins. Communicate with client during project, relative to costs and job progress.
- Collect project daily report information, assessments, repair reports from Repair Center, Field Service Reps and Repair Center where applicable.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- 8 years of relevant work experience within operational environment
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Strong client relationships
- Technical and creative problems solving skills
- Technical knowledge of Rotating Equipment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Program (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work in fast pace environment with high attention to detail
- Ability to travel up to 75 % and work OT as needed
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) in engineering
- 10+ years experience in project management or related Industry
- Extensive knowledge in at least one of D-R Product lines, knowledge in several lines is desirable
- Knowledge of the application of above products at customer’s facilities.
- Good commercial acumen & market knowledge
- Project Management Certification
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.