Survey Pilot First Officer
4 days left
- Manages Others?
Full Job DescriptionAbout Us
At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
Location: Bridgewater, VA
Job Description: The First Officer role exists to operate as second in command and assist the safe and efficient operation of the aircraft and for the safety of all persons on board.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of the second in command
- Become familiar with the mission requirements and determine, in conjunction with the customer, a planned route of flight for the conduct of the mission
- Be familiar with destination, alternate or diversion airports, actual and forecast meteorological conditions, fuel and oil requirements, navigation and radio aids, and applicable NOTAMs
- Ensure completion of pre- and post-flight inspection of the aircraft before and after each mission according to company procedures
- Consistently demonstrate a can-do attitude by focusing on meeting/exceeding customer needs
- Work proactively with customer to plan efficient survey operations
- Collaborate with customer scheduling requests to maximize satisfaction with flight schedules
- Possess working knowledge of customer’s systems. Understand how pilot and aircraft actions affect the customer’s mission accomplishment and data collection
- Provide safe, precise flying for customer operations
- Communicate effectively and routinely with customer, SOC, and manager. Ensure manager is informed of potential issues with the customer, aircraft, weather, or other issues that may compromise mission accomplishment. Customer communication includes crew rotation plans, crew rest, maintenance requirements, and weather outlook considerations.
- Complete daily, weekly or monthly reports (maintenance records, timesheets, etc.) on time
- Maintain the aircraft in accordance with 14CFR and company policy
- Technical background that can be obtained by any of the following:
- Possess at least an FAA Commercial Multiengine Certificate with Instrument Rating
- Possess at least a 2nd class medical
- 500 hours total time preferred
- A&P Certificate preferred
- High school diploma required, with relevant college degree preferred