Structural Analysis Engineer
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Structural Analysis Engineer in North Charleston, SC.
- Leads development, integration and documentation of structural requirements to establish the system design.
- Coordinates with other engineering groups to establish the product’s environment.
- Guides product design and verifies structural integrity by using and developing analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance.
- Leads development of test plans and configurations, supports test execution and analyzes/reports test results to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Defines and documents certification and test results to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied.
- Supports in-service products by leading investigations into failures and analyzing improvements.
- Develops analytical processes/tools to improve effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort.
- Works under minimal direction.
- Evaluate strength of structural non-conformances and repairs.
- Apply knowledge of structural analysis principles to assess and resolve product/process issues discovered throughout the product lifecycle.
- Analyze MRB dispositions for structural integrity and identify, document and communicate deviations that could impact design intent and safety.
- Provide alternate repair recommendations as necessary to Liaison Engineering to meet structural requirements.
- Review and approve structural analysis in support of engineering design changes associated with cost and producibility.
- Lead development, integration and documentation of structural requirements to establish the system design.
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies and representatives to support certification of airplane structural components.
- Lead development of test plans and configurations, support test execution, analyze and report test results to validate and verify systems and components compliance with requirements and specifications.
- Support in-service products by leading investigations into failures and analyzing improvements.
- Explore new composite repair methods and technologies.
- Positive & proactive mindset, highly motivated team member willing to manage multiple assignments and work with a sense of urgency.
- Utilize LEAN best practices.
- Proactive collaboration with customer, build positive relationships. (i.e. Liaison Engineering and Manufacturing teams) proactive collaboration with customer, build positive relationships. (i.e. Liaison Engineering and Manufacturing teams).
- Effective communication with other team members and management.
- Basic knowledge of composite structure.
- Experience with 787.
- Experience with MRB.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.