Analyst, Treasury II
About Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2017 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
The treasury department is a high exposure component of the finance area of the company that manages a variety of important responsibilities that are impactful.
Treasury Department areas of responsibility:
- Compiling and managing the cash forecast and daily cash summary
- Daily cash duties, including payments and receipts and reconciliation of daily cash position
- Fleet finance and administration
- Corporate insurance
- Fuel administration and operations
- Risk management and financial markets
- Ad hoc financial analysis projects
- Corporate finance and borrowing
- Contract negotiations
- Enterprise purchasing
- Repair and warranty program
The treasury analyst role is an integral part of the department and reports to the treasury manager responsible for corporate finance and borrowing, risk management and financial markets, corporate insurance, and fuel administration and operations. In addition, the treasury analyst will work on recurring and ad hoc financial analysis projects frequently required by senior management.
The treasury analyst will interact with external and internal stakeholders. Further, the treasury analyst will be expected to contribute to other areas of the treasury team.
Essential Functions :
- The treasury analyst should have experience with forecasting, reconciling and reporting financial metrics, and knowledge of financial statements.
- The treasury analyst should have experience in modeling and analyzing proposals as well as understanding and interpreting market conditions.
- The treasury analyst should have experience working closely with other support and functional departments, to gather, analyze and present information.
- Analyze current processes and recommend best practices
- Understand Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; prefer degree in finance, accounting, or other quantitative field
- Graduate degree in quantitative discipline preferred but not required
- 2+ years of relevant experience preferred or 3+ years of a combination of graduate work and relevant work experience
- Experience in financial accounting, management accounting, financial analysis, financial modeling, planning, forecasting and management reporting required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills
- Proven ability to use mathematical techniques to analyze data, make recommendations and solve problems
- Proven understanding of Excel and other software used for data mining and analysis
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Proven understanding of economic, financial, and accounting concepts
- Comfortable working self-sufficiently on vague projects with limited information
- Proven written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to present information to all levels of management
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.