SGML Technical Writer
Atec is growing!
Atec, Inc. is a worldwide leader in the aerospace industry with a focus on supporting the United States Military's and NASA's exploration of the unknown to benefit humankind.
Each employee at Atec, Inc. (Atec, Inc. team member) plays a pivotal role supporting innovation in aeronautics and technology that directly supports the safety of the Warfighter around the world, as well as the ongoing prosperity and growth of the local community.
After 65 years doing business in Houston the mission at Atec, Inc. remains the same. We provide our customers with industry leading innovation made possible by a relentless focus on quality manufacturing of products that will not fail (while working) in harsh environments.
Join our team today!
Work as a resource for writing, editing and maintaining technical manuals and publications.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Organize and write required technical and business material per corporate standards with respect to order, style, terminology and sequencing.
- Review publications and recommend revisions or changes in approach to scope, format, methods and corporate standards.
- Consult with Engineers and Project Managers to ensure common understanding of publications and related materials to be produced.
- Develop cataloguing system for engineering library and maintain records/library.
- Consult and recommend use of layouts, graphics, drawings, tables, exhibits and illustrations for marketing literature, company website and company newsletter.
- Periodically audit and review publications to determine whether format or content changes/updates are required. Make changes as required.
- Assist in preparing material for technical seminars, business forums and customer bids/proposals.
- Remain current on new developments in technical writing, editing and publishing included technology enhancements which may affect the corporation.
- Travel to Atec Inc. subsidiaries and or project sites may be required
Ensure activities are conducted in accordance with Atec International Standard Organization (AS9100/ISO) policies and correct and report any deviations to appropriate area manager/supervisor.
AS9100/ISO Specific Duties
Be familiar with and understand Atec Quality Policy and company objectives.
Understand required Atec International Standards Organization (AS9100/ISO) specific procedures and work instructions.
Complete all work routers and understand the quality requirements for each task.
Complete all quality records required by procedures and work instructions.
Participate in Atec Improvement Machine (AIM) as appropriate.
Participate in AS9100/ISO training as required.
Participate as an Internal Auditor.
Cooperate with Auditors
Report any deviations to appropriate area manager/supervisor.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, creative writing, or related degree. Competency in word processing, spreadsheets, database management and graphic production software.
One-year experience with SGML
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, occasionally reach with hands and arms, stoop/kneel to file, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Extended work hours may be required.
www.atec.com (http://www.atec.com/) Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans