Material Specialist - MQY
Contour Aviation is a long established aviation services company with diverse capabilities including scheduled airline operations, Part 91/135 aircraft management, on- demand charter, an aircraft sales division, three Fixed-Base Operations, a FAR Part 145/EASA certified aircraft maintenance facility providing airframe maintenance, avionics installations/repairs, and component overhaul services, and a FAR 141 pilot and maintenance training operation. Our fleet of approximately 30 aircraft operate almost 20,000 flight segments annually and the company is now ranked as one of the ten largest Part 135 operators in the country.
At Contour, our core values are at the heart of everything that we do and every decision we make. Constant throughout all of our lines of business is a commitment to integrity and safety. Our team members consistently display an attitude of excellence and the ability to think like a customer. We recognize that there is strength in unity and work together as a team to accomplish our ambitious goals.
Contour’s rapid growth has created exciting employment opportunities. We invite you to become part of the family.
Summary of Essential Duties
- Provides friendly service to and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external Customers.
- Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company.
- A Material Specialist Employee will do all work generally recognized as the routine duties of a Material Specialist and/or stockroom employee in and about the Company storerooms and stockrooms, including but not limited to receiving, shipping, checking, classifying, issuing, inventorying (on a nonexclusive basis), storing and warehousing of supplies, tools, materials and the operation of stores equipment and the preparation and maintenance of records and reports in connection therewith.
- The duties of a Material Specialist shall include the delivery of parts and materials to the maintenance department and ground equipment maintenance department.
- The duties of Material Specialist employees may also include the erection and/or assembly of stocking bins, shelves, decks, employing the use of required power tools when necessary and the driving of motor vehicles in the pickup and delivery of parts, equipment, materials and tools where Material Specialists are assigned.
- Attends initial and ongoing training (classroom and/or on-the-job), and keeps current on knowledge, information, and equipment to gain proficiency in their work.
- Works as a member of lean staff operating out of cities served by the airline.
- Wears visual identification required by the Company, prominently displayed above the waist for ready recognition.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by leadership
- Must pass a background check
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigration Act of 1986
- Attention to detail
- A keen awareness and effective utilization of all options and resources for each situation
- Must be open to new ideas and alternatives and receive all input in a positive way
- High School graduate or equivalent
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Effective Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail and organization abilities
- Ability to work from an idea with little instructions
- Ability to climb and work from ladders, and/or walk/stand for extended periods
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperatures and weather conditions and in an environment with high noise levels
- Multi-tasking is required as there are often multiple projects with varying levels of priority
- A strong sense of urgency in the performance of duties is a required trait.
- An ability to remain clearly focused on the desired outcome is essential
- An attitude of total ownership toward department outcomes is needed