Mechanical Automation Engineer III
2 days left
- Manages Others?
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This position is under the direction of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and includes responsibilities related to specifying, designing, fabricating, and qualifying new equipment and equipment improvements to drive improved productivity, capacity, cost reduction, and efficiencies.
- Master’s degree (MSME preferred) with 3 years demonstrated applicable experience OR, Bachelor’s degree (BSME preferred) with 5 years demonstrated applicable experience OR, Doctorate degree (PhDME preferred)
- Proficient in MS Office and SolidWorks (or similar)
- Experience in mentoring junior engineers and leading data-driven efforts to resolve problems
- Experience in developing, managing, and successfully executing engineering projects to deliverables including performance metrics, budgets, and timelines
- Experience in leading the specification, design, fabrication, and qualifications of manufacturing equipment
- Proficiency using engineering tools and methods for tasks such as experimentation (DOE), risk assessment (FMEA), process control (SPC), and statistical analysis
- Proficient in technical writing including engineering protocols and reports as well as development and implementation of procedures
- Experience in design and implementation of automation systems for high-mix/low-volume production desired
- Medical Device/Biopharmaceutical manufacturing (i.e. GMP, FDA, ISO13485) experience desired
- Self-motivated with good problem solving, communication, coordination, and mentoring skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.