Airline Customer Service Supervisor - SMF
Contour Aviation is a long established aviation services company with diverse capabilities including scheduled airline operations, Part 91/135 aircraft management, on- demand charter, an aircraft sales division, three Fixed-Base Operations, a FAR Part 145/EASA certified aircraft maintenance facility providing airframe maintenance, avionics installations/repairs, and component overhaul services, and a FAR 141 pilot and maintenance training operation. Our fleet of approximately 30 aircraft operate almost 20,000 flight segments annually and the company is now ranked as one of the ten largest Part 135 operators in the country.
At Contour, our core values are at the heart of everything that we do and every decision we make. Constant throughout all of our lines of business is a commitment to integrity and safety. Our team members consistently display an attitude of excellence and the ability to think like a customer. We recognize that there is strength in unity and work together as a team to accomplish our ambitious goals.
Contour’s rapid growth has created exciting employment opportunities. We invite you to become part of the family.
Summary of Essential Duties:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Supervisor (CSS). The CSS will interact directly with our customers, Ground handling staff, Airport Management and should positively represent Contour Airlines professional image and reputation at all times. The role of a CSS is to serve as a knowledgeable ticket counter, gate, baggage, and ramp-handling support person. The CSS is responsible for assisting with ticketing issues and re-booking passengers, boarding flights, assisting passengers with special needs, resolving customer concerns, marshaling aircraft, loading/unloading of passengers and baggage, servicing aircraft, assisting with aircraft pushback, towing, deicing, and other duties as assigned.
- Greet and assist all customers in a prompt, friendly and courteous manner
- Provide check-in assistance, ticketing changes, re-booking of itineraries and special service requests for passengers
- Check and accept passenger baggage
- Board/deplane flights and escort passengers to and from aircraft as needed, includes pushing wheelchairs and assisting other passengers with additional needs
- Comply with all safety procedures and airline policies
- Provide accurate gate, flight arrival and departure information, as well as answer general inquires
- Assist unaccompanied minors and passengers with special needs, resolve customer concerns
- Maintain thorough knowledge of policies and processes pertaining to unaccompanied minors, law enforcement officers, hazardous materials, and other regulatory requirements
- Provide clear and accurate communication to passengers, agents, flight crews and vendors
- Responsible for maintaining the safety and security of the ramp at all times
- Monitor customer safety during boarding and deplaning, and assist customers in a friendly and courteous manner
- Marshal aircraft on the ramp (e.g. directing, assisting and parking all arriving, departing and towed aircraft)
- Observe safe ground-handling procedures and maintenance of ground service equipment, including the performance of equipment checks
- Comply with all safety procedures, airline policies, and Company standard operating procedures
- Careful handling of customer baggage, and company material; frequent lifting, loading/unloading, sorting and transfer of baggage, and company material
- Service aircraft as needed (e.g. aircraft lavatories, potable water, window wash, deicing and commissary items)
- Assist in ramp set up and storage of equipment and baggage, ensure and maintain the integrity of a safe operation
- Promptly communicate any event or challenges involving the local operation with Management and/or Corporate Dispatch
- Respond to and take proactive measures to minimize irregular operations and customer inconvenience
- Completing required reports and audits to satisfy Company and regulatory requirements
- Investigating and analyzing problems [e.g. damage to GSE or aircraft, Letters of investigation (LOI’s)]. With respect to a finding, formulate a response and possible corrective action
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess excellent communication skills- Outstanding listening, speaking, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Must possess skills for developing quality people
- Exhibit excellent Customer service skills, both internal (employees) and external (Customers, Vendors, and community networking)
- Be a U.S. citizen or upon hire show proof of right to work in the U.S.
- Able to type 30 words per minute
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Able to lift 75 lbs. routinely with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Able to fluently read, write, speak and understand English
- Able to proficiently use a computer
- Have a friendly, outgoing, creative and enthusiastic personality
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to adhere and uphold Company policies and Core Values
- Ability to perform the respective Essential Job Duties
- Able to work in stressful situations and tight time constraints
- Be self-motivated and a team player
- Able to work nights, weekends, holidays and varying schedules
- Able to successfully complete a background investigation, including FBI fingerprints, criminal history and pre-employment drug test
Highly Desired Qualifications:
Experience in aviation or aviation related education a plus.