Employer: APA Services
Position: L4 Heavy Structures (Sheetmetal Mechanic SR.)
Location: Kansas City
Salary: Not Specified
Job Role: Composites, Sheet Metal, Aircraft Mechanic
Job Type: Permanent
Minimum Exp Req'd:
Manages Others: No
L4 Heavy Structures (Sheetmetal Mechanic SR.)
The Heavy Structures mechanic position is considered to be a Sr. level position with client company. The ideal candidate will also have 2+ years of composite experience. (3 years+ of heavy sheetmetal experience)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selected candidates will repair, replace, and rebuild aircraft structures.
- Utilize OEM and Engineering drawings to modify aircraft structure or interiors
- Complete specialized tasks, such as flap peening, cold working, etc.
- Fabricate repair parts using special shop tooling, such as brakes, stretchers, etc.
- Utilize special installation tools, such as blind rivet guns, etc.
- 3+ years of commercial heavy check sheet metal repair experience required
- Boeing 737, 767 experience is a plus.
- A&P license not required for this position but it would be a plus.
- Must have the minimum tools as required
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Must be able to accomplish any and all repairs, modifications, E.A.'s, etc, with very little to no assistance.
- Must be able to use the FAA approved data proficiently (i.e., IPC, M/M, OHM, SRM.)
- Knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
About Our Client:
Founded in 1970 with a commitment to excellence, our client has been exceeding customer expectations in safety, quality, regulatory compliance, on-time delivery and value for over 45 years. They are investing in new processes and systems to improve their operational performance and quality while minimizing costs to our customers. In recognition of their achievements, our client was presented with the Aviation Week 2016 MRO of the Year Award (Leading Independent Organization) for development of a full-service program that delivered to our customers accelerated, simplified fleet integration of highly standardized aircraft with full regulatory compliance and technical uniformity.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
To learn about APA Services' ground-breaking employee referral program "Constant Cash", please click to watch the video below or visit apaconstantcash.com. Visit us at apaconstantcash.com to register, refer and start earning today.