Employer: APA Services
Position: Avionics Technician I
Salary: Not Specified
Job Role: Aircraft Maintenance, Avionics
Job Type: Contract
Hours: Full Time
Minimum Exp Req'd: 2 years
Degree Required: High School
Manages Others: No
Avionics Technician I
With proven skills proficiency, install, inspect, test, adjust, and repair aircraft avionics equipment and systems. Perform operational tests and functional checks on aircraft avionics systems, and troubleshoots and corrects problems. Read blueprints and schematics. Reads and complies with instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs, inspects, tests, adjusts, and repairs aircraft avionics equipment and systems, including radio systems, radar, and navigation systems.
- Troubleshoots and corrects problems related to avionics systems through the use of wiring diagrams and maintenance manuals. Reads blueprints and schematics.
- Lays out installation of aircraft avionics assemblies and systems.
- Sets up and operates ground support and test equipment to perform functional tests of electrical and avionics systems.
- Reads maintenance manuals to identify and locate aircraft components on the aircraft, and accurately implements instructions of maintenance manuals.
- Performs repairs on noted discrepancies, and effectively researches manufacturer’s manuals for appropriate repair procedures prior to performing repairs.
- Able to demonstrate some understanding of basic electrical and electronics language and theory.
- Performs skilled manual and technical work using hand tools, soldering irons, circuit testers, oscilloscopes, voltmeters, ammeters, and ohmmeters.
- Lifts and carries hand tools, parts, and work materials; ascends and descends ladders and platforms; and frequently works in a variety of positions such as stooping, kneeling or squatting.
- Follows safety procedures and wears/uses appropriate safety equipment for the work being performed.
- Reads instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
- Communicates effectively in English regarding work activities, per FAA requirements.
- Prepares and maintains simple records such as work order documentation, logs, and time and material records, as instructed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum two (2) years of relevant experience providing knowledge of avionics-related work techniques, terminology, parts, systems, etc.
- EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required.
- OTHER: Current A&P License in good standing is preferred. FCC License preferred (FCC General Radiotelephone Operator License).
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Individual will perform daily transactions within Flightstar’s ERP system (AMROS), vending (POU), as well as research customer’s maintenance manuals.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Lifts and carries hand tools, parts, and work materials; ascends and descends ladders and platforms; and frequently works in a variety of positions such as stooping, kneeling or squatting.
- Must report with two forms of employment eligibility identification
About Our Client:
Our client is an independent provider of aviation services to commercial and government customers in more than 100 countries. Our client’s aftermarket expertise and award-winning solutions help customers increase efficiency and reduce costs while maintaining high levels of quality, service and safety.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
To learn about APA Services' ground-breaking employee referral program "Constant Cash", please click to watch the video below or visit apaconstantcash.com. Visit us at apaconstantcash.com to register, refer and start earning today.