SharePoint Farm Administrator
DescriptionSAIC is hiring a SharePoint Farm Administrator to join our team in Washington DC !
The SharePoint Farm administrator works in the Department of the Navy ITD, and manages the function and activity of the Secretary’s SharePoint software. The SharePoint administrator delegates tasks to SharePoint developers, provides support and guidance for the organization’s SharePoint users, ensures SharePoint functionality, updates the software as necessary, and addresses and resolves any issues with the software performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the SharePoint Administrator:
Monitors SharePoint software for any glitches or problems.
- Troubleshoots issues promptly.
- Delegates work to SharePoint developers.
- Oversees activity pertaining to the maintenance of SharePoint.
- Manages and revises the layout of the site.
- Customizes SharePoint site for Navy purposes.
- Analyzes daily user activity on SharePoint.
- Maintains records of SharePoint updates, maintenance, and activity.
- Reports to company management with updates and information about SharePoint use.
- Provides technical support for SharePoint users.
- Addresses questions or concerns from directors regarding the function of the software.
- Keeps apprised of Microsoft updates to SharePoint software.
- Applies updates and patches to SharePoint farm as necessary.
- Holds training and informational sessions to teach employees how to use SharePoint.
- Consults with management to devise the most useful ways to apply SharePoint to a business’s goals.
QualificationsRequired Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or additional experience in lieu of degree
- 5 years of IT experience
- High level of functional competency with IIS web applications
- 4+ years of experience administering and managing users, content, and sites in SharePoint
- 4+ years of experience configuring and administering Microsoft SharePoint Sites and Farms via Central Administration
- 4+ years of experience working with SharePoint 2016/2013/2010
- 2+ year of experience with SharePoint features including Search, Managed Metadata, and User Profile Services
- 2+ years of experience managing Windows Server 2016/2012
- SharePoint 2013 certification within 90 days of start date
DOD 8570 IAT II certification within 90 days of start date
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Is proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Windows Servers.
- Possesses strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Is able to handle confidential and sensitive company information responsibly.
- Possesses ability to think creatively to devise customizations and uses for SharePoint.
- Exhibits knowledge of software development industry.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Works well with a team.
Is able to translate technical jargon into layman’s terms for explanatory purposes.
- SharePoint Farm Administration experience (2010-2019)
- Setup, configuration, and migration of SharePoint
- 1+ years of experience designing custom graphics and web pages for use in SharePoint
- SharePoint Designer
- Windows PowerShell
- SharePoint Frontend development
- Building OOTB solutions
- SharePoint REST
- Experience with CSOM development
- SQL Server 2012+
- Deploying SharePoint Farm Solutions
- Windows Server 2012+
- Active Directory
- Security Technical Implementation Guide
- Enterprise logging management
- Desired State Configuration (DSC)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation’s most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability