Eaton Leadership Development Program: Supply Chain (Master's/MBA)
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we’re solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
Your career matters – and we’re here to make it work. Are you ready?
The Supply Chain Management Leadership Development Program at Eaton is designed with one thing in mind, your career in Supply Chain.
During the two-year rotational program, you’ll gain challenging experience working in two diverse assignments. The scope of each assignment is designed to build your SCM foundational skillset. In addition, you will sharpen key leadership skills & operational knowledge needed to accelerate your career at Eaton. The SCMLDP is ideal for individuals who are passionate about pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone in order to develop into a SCM Business Leader. The focus of the program is to challenge each participant in a variety of critical, developmental areas through robust assignments across Eaton’s 6, core businesses. At Eaton, you’ll find a community of SCM professionals that are aligned around building SCM’s leadership pipeline. As a SCMLDP, you’ll receive mentoring & leadership connection opportunities to build your network & help you to envision potential career paths at Eaton.
Eaton’s SCMLDP provides an exciting 24-month program consisting of two, twelve-month rotational assignments in different locations across the United States. To provide a well-rounded experience, one assignment will be located at one of our critical manufacturing operations while the other could be in a division or corporate setting.
The assignments will provide SCMLDP participants with:
- Structured & deliberate exposure to critical experiences to expediate development of key Supply Chain & Leadership competencies
- Exposure to project management, strategic supply sourcing / commodity management, logistics, trade management, new product development, materials management, or supplier development.
- Presentations and networking opportunities with the senior SCM leadership team.
- Development opportunities through structured learning events with current program participants and alumni.
We are a power management company made up of over 100,000 employees, doing business in more than 175 countries. Our energy-efficient products and services help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more reliably, efficiently, safely and sustainably. By giving people tools to use power more efficiently. Helping companies do business more sustainably. And by encouraging each and every employee at Eaton to think differently about our business, our communities—and the positive impact we can have on the world.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements):
- Currently possess or will have obtained an MBA or Master degree in Supply Chain Management from an accredited institution no later than August 2019
- A minimum of 1 year of supply chain work experience or 2 internships in Supply Chain or Operations
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Geographical flexibility to relocate within the United States for the duration of the Development Program
- Desire for a career in Supply Chain Management in manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical, writing, and presentation skills
- High potential/high interest to develop as future leader within the supply chain/operations organization
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or the community
- This role may include travel (up to 25%)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time