Talent Mobility Partner
GDIT is looking for an experienced Talent Mobility Partner to support the Federal Civilian Division Internal Talent Mobility Program which supports employees whose positions are losing funding and employees who are looking for career growth opportunities within GDIT and GD companies. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated/self-starter champion and partner who can work with minimal supervision. Prior experience executing internal mobility programs is preferred.
- This position requires interaction with employees and collaboration with management and leadership staff (Senior Level Managers (VP, Directors, Hiring Manager, etc.), HR Managers, Managers/Supervisors, Resource Managers Staffing Managers, and Recruiters) within GDIT and other GD Companies to assist in the placement of employee(s).
- Supports the staffing of business opportunities via the redeployment of available employee(s) into other programs/contracts. Works with division, sector, and program/project teams to understand the staffing needs across the organization and match those needs to a pipeline of potential and available employee(s).
- Responsible for advocating on behalf of the employee(s) with GDIT/GD recruiters and managers for placement opportunities.
- Responsible for interacting with employee(s) in person, via email, or telephone to answer questions and address concerns regarding the Internal Talent Mobility process. Provide guidance on seeking new opportunities, resource tools for placement assistance, status on applicant submittals, and coaching with resume writing.
- Works with managers to identify employee(s) who meet customer requirements to help meet their needs for permanent, temporary/short-term positions and proposal efforts.
- Responsible for briefing the Internal Talent Mobility process at the weekly Placement Assistance Brown Bag session to provide guidance and set expectations with employee(s).
- Responsible for working with senior level managers regarding contract loss, briefing processes, and providing advice and suggestions for collaborating with employees during the placement process.
- Conduct teleconference calls with employees and managers. This includes but is not limited to webinars, teleconferences, or skype meetings to communicate with non-local employees.
- Responsible for the dispositioning and working with all employee(s) who apply to Federal Civilian’s Division requisitions. This includes reaching out to employee(s), Recruiters, Hiring Managers, Resource Managers and HR managers for the appropriate contract. Verifying transfer eligibility, clearances, prescreening, forwarding resumes/rates to hiring manager, scheduling interviews (phone or in person); negotiating transition timeline, and closing the loop with employee(s).
What are we looking for in a successful candidate?
- System Savvy – You are skilled with systems and learning new tools with experience using an enterprise-scale Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and candidate relationship management.
- Motivated - You are slightly obsessive-compulsive about solving problems and removing barriers for your customers.
- Process Oriented – You have experience working with processes and possess great attention to detail.
- Self-driven – You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily.
- Fun – You are a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Naturally curious - You think outside the box. You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve and optimize.
- Customer Service Centric - You’re focused taking care of your customers’ needs by providing and delivering professional, helpful, high quality service and assistance.
- Master Juggler - You understand how to manage multiple priorities and understand how the little pieces fit together.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- 6 years of related recruiting experience or BA/BS + 6 years or MA + 4 years of experience. US Citizenship required for closed system access. Background in Human Resources or similar field. Must be familiar with corporate recruiting efforts and business practices and policies.
- Superb communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate training in small and larger audience settings
- Knowledge of recruiting best practices, recruiting workflows
- Experience operating in an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Some telecommuting allowed from the Washington metro area; must be willing to provide a presence for Internal Talent Mobility in our Falls Church and/or Chantilly offices as required.
#GDITHumanResourcesFor more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.