Director of Information Technology
Contour Aviation is a long established aviation services company with diverse capabilities including scheduled airline operations, Part 91/135 aircraft management, on- demand charter, an aircraft sales division, three Fixed-Base Operations, a FAR Part 145/EASA certified aircraft maintenance facility providing airframe maintenance, avionics installations/repairs, and component overhaul services, and a FAR 141 pilot and maintenance training operation. Our fleet of approximately 30 aircraft operate almost 20,000 flight segments annually and the company is now ranked as one of the ten largest Part 135 operators in the country.
At Contour, our core values are at the heart of everything that we do and every decision we make. Constant throughout all of our lines of business is a commitment to integrity and safety. Our team members consistently display an attitude of excellence and the ability to think like a customer. We recognize that there is strength in unity and work together as a team to accomplish our ambitious goals.
Contour’s rapid growth has created exciting employment opportunities. We invite you to become part of the family.
Summary of Essential Duties
Our dramatic growth and diversification has created numerous opportunities for strong, experienced leaders within its increasing team of over 400 aviation professionals, including the need for a Director of Information Technology (IT). The Director of Information Technology will report to the Chief Information Officer and will oversee the development, delivery and management of Information Technology Services across the entire organization. The position is a hands-on role, responsible for all aspects of Software & Application Life Cycle Management, Technology Infrastructure, Information Security, Technology Asset Management, Vendor Management and Help Desk Support. This role requires development of enterprise-wide standardization and processes while being highly-collaborative with the software providers. The Director will be proficient in establishing the IT services framework and IT security policies; be visionary and pragmatic; and instill and display a sense of optimism, integrity, and teamwork.
- Technology Architecture. Directs and oversees the overall technological components of the department, including application infrastructure, network infrastructure, hardware components & security control.
- People Management. Evaluates and develops the overall organizational design for the department, including the use of outsourced services. Responsible for all aspects of talent management, including recruitment, training, performance management & coaching, and team development.
- Vendor Management. Develops and maintains relationships with technology vendors and service providers, and oversees product evaluations, contracts, effectiveness & delivery of services, and invoice management.
- Policies & Procedures. Develops & oversees all IT policies & procedures, including information security, change control, auditing, backups & compliance.
- Financial Management. Oversees and manages IT budget development & performance, personnel productivity, and overall use of resources.
- Monitoring & Reporting. Develop, monitor and report out on key performance indicators to demonstrate a high-functioning department & is patron-focused.
- Governance. Structures and reports quarterly to the Executive Committee, which serves as the governance body for IT-related strategy and decisions.
- Developing. Supports the development and/or evaluation of technology solutions, software development, integrations, while balancing the benefits of standardization.
- Security Risk Assessment & Disaster Recovery. Develops and tests disaster recovery and business continuity plans to mitigate and manage IT-associated risk.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelors degree with a concentration in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field from a four-year accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum of 10 years hands-on experience with 3 years managerial experience required.
- Must have experience leading an information technology department in a like-sized organization.
- Proficient with MS products suite, administration of Azure O365 and Active Directory.
- Strong working knowledge of AWS administration, networking, NIST cybersecurity practices.
- Development skills for CRM and contact center integrations, LMS.
- Experience with cloud-based authentication strategies for SSO.
- Working knowledge of ITSM/project management software (ServiceNow, Jira, etc.); Agile development.
- Aviation IT experience is a plus, as well as MCSE and/or CNE certifications.
- Able to pass an FAA required 10 year work history review and submit to criminal background and fingerprint checks.
- Authorized by law to work in the United States and able to travel in and out of the United States.
- Possess polished and professional interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and a customer-oriented mindset.
- Possess strong leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must have well-developed people skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Able to coordinate multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Able to handle interruptions and a fast paced environment.
- Able to work with confidential materials and information.
- Maintain strong attention to detail.
- Be a visionary with ability to clearly see the need for change, and then revise processes or procedures and ultimately implement revisions as needed
- Be self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Be able to communicate information and recommendations to non-technical personnel in an informative manner.