CNC Machinist IV - 1st Shift
Crane Aerospace & Electronics is hiring a CNC Machinist IV - (1st Shift) in Burbank, CA.
The CNC Machinist IV produces machined parts by setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records and maintaining equipment and supplies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand work orders, blue prints, manufacturing orders, and machining parameters
- Validate material used
- Maintain specifications; Troubleshoot, detect malfunctions and take appropriate actions; Know when to replace worn tools
- Listen to machining operation in order to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration and compensate for problems
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments, templates, fixtures and knowledge of GDT standards
- Maintain continuity among shifts by documenting and communicating actions taken thus far as well as any necessary further steps
- Train/Mentor lower level CNC machinists
- Any other task assigned by supervisor or management
- Maintain conscientious work behaviors including work ethic, safety standards, quality, costs, and On-Time Delivery (OTD)
- Experience : 8+ years of experience machining with CNC Mills and/or Lathe
- Knowledge : Knowledge of various inspection equipment i.e. micrometers, calipers, and height gages; Knowledge of safety procedures and regulations; Knowledge of Geometric Dimensional Tolerancing; Understanding of cutting tool Geometry; Knowledge of tooling and coordination
- Skills/Abilities : Able to work quickly and efficiently through Process Improvement structure; Good verbal and written communication; Strong attention to detail and accurate record keeping
- Education/Certification : High School Diploma or equivalent
- Eligibility Requirement : FAA sensitive position – may be subject to a Government security investigation to verify eligibility for access to classified information
- Must be a US Person (under ITAR rules) to be eligible
- Understanding CNC G Codes
- Understanding of basic Math, Geometry and Trigonometry
Crane Aerospace & Electronics delivers innovative systems, components and services for commercial aircraft, defense platforms and spac systems which have proven reliability in mission-critical environments. Products and services are organized into six integrated solutions: Cabin Systems, Electrical Power Solutions, Fluid management Solutions, Landing Systems, Microwave Solutions, and Sensing Components & Systems. For more information visit www.craneae.com.
Special Work Conditions:
Applicants selected could be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Eligibility requirements include U.S. nationals or permanent residents (Green Card).
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Visit our website at CraneAE.com for more information on our company, benefits and great opportunities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. #LI-HA1Back Share Apply Now