Product Inspector I (Hardware - Aircraft Parts)
Wesco Aircraft is a dynamic, global company looking for enthusiastic team members to support our vision: To generate value in everything we do every day as a highly engaged team delivering the best customer experience. We invest in our employees, providing outstanding opportunities for career progression and personal development. We invite you to explore a career with our Wesco Aircraft Internal Operations Quality Team.
The QA Product Inspector I is accountable for the accurate receiving and final inspection, verification and quality reporting of purchased products in relation to customer purchase order requirements. The QA Product Inspector I verifies and confirms the results of the inspection processes, tests and certification of aircraft hardware, parts and tools for verification of conformity to product quality standards and specifications, in accordance with the customer’s Quality Plan; utilizes various quality measuring devices and equipment, in accordance with Wesco QA Work Instructions; verifies conformity of corresponding certification packets and other pertinent data from manufacturer to verify product traceability; assigns pass, fail or rejection status on inspected products, then transfers inspected products and documentation to applicable phase of Quality Assurance or elevates non-conformance issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pull orders that have been assembled, inspected and marked “Final Inspection Required” and compare and verify that the proper products have been pulled and the correct part numbers, lot number and quantity are accurate in accordance with the packing slip included, perform a final visual inspection of the products for damages and ensure that all required inspection processes have been completed
- If the customer order is marked “Testing required”, then a “Final Inspection – Skip Lot” form is completed and added to the assembled orders to transferred back to the conveyor for the purpose of testing
- Compare and verify that testing (if applicable), certification and documentation inspection and traceability have passed the required inspections and processes and are included in the shipment
- Compare and verify that the packaging and labeling is accurate, in accordance with the customer’s specifications, to avoid shipment delays
- Notifies Q.A. Supervisor of all non-conforming products, documentation or packaging, for the purpose of rectifying the errors before shipment
- If the order is from a contract or government customer, the Level I Inspector transfers the assembled orders to the Special Programs Inspection area for final DSQR review
- Upon complete verification of all processes, documentation and testing, complete and sign a Wesco Certificate of Conformance, if applicable and authorized, and enclose certification documentation in Certification/Packing List envelope and includes it with the order for shipment
- Transfers the completed order and documentation back to the proper tote and places it on the “outgoing’ conveyor for shipping, and records completion of inspection in the Quality data management system
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years industry experience and a good knowledge of industry products and quality documentation is preferred
- Successful completion of 3 months of Wesco inspection training and testing
- Hands-on experience with the use of hardware measuring devices, such as calipers, micrometers, ring gages, thread plug gages, optical comparator and Johnson gage, or other direct-reading engagement tool, is preferred ;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Clear and accurate data entry and documentation skills
- Strong follow-through and perseverance to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to deal tactfully, confidently and ethically with both internal customers; Ability to be detailed oriented and perform in-depth research, if required
- Ability to be cross-trained in multiple critical areas of the department
- Strong competency working with integrated data systems and Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, as required
This position requires use of information which is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Wesco Aircraft is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This is an exciting time to join Wesco Aircraft due to our expansion and increased market share within the aerospace industry. At Wesco Aircraft, we invest in our employees, meaning the opportunity for career progression and personal development is outstanding.
Wesco is proud to offer a broad range of benefits options. You can choose from a number of plans including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and voluntary supplemental programs. All full-time employees are eligible for benefits coverage.
Wesco Aircraft is one of the world’s leading distributors and providers of comprehensive supply chain management services to the global aerospace industry, based on annual sales. Our services range from traditional distribution to the management of supplier relationships, quality assurance, kitting, just-in-time delivery, chemical management services, third-party logistics or fourth-party logistics and point-of-use inventory management. We offer one of the world’s broadest portfolios of aerospace products, including C-class hardware, chemical and electrical and comprised of more than 563,000 active stock-keeping units. Wesco Aircraft has more than 2,900 employees across 50 locations globally with net sales of $1.6 billion in 2018.