PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Inspector in Tucson, AZ.
- Performs quality control inspections, checks, and tests during the manufacture of products.
- Inspects materials, parts and products at different stages of production.
- Records observations and may make recommendations for improving processes.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Typically reports to a supervisor.
- Lifting will exceed 30 Lbs. and/or repetitions of this or lesser weights will be significant.
- Exposure to substantial machine, chemical, biological or other physical risks are anticipated.
- Work in a team environment and Operate computer terminals to access and follow assembly Manufacturing Operations and Tooling (MOT) instructions and related procedures to assemble engines to production specifications.
- Provide training to others and assist engineering in resolving assembly and test related issues.
- Continuously monitor work functions and recommend changes needed to improve product reliability, quality and reduce overall cost.
- Provide assistance in all assembly areas or product lines as necessary or requested by management.
- Oversee and identify equipment that requires maintenance or calibration and maintain a clean work area, with emphasis in foreign object damage (FOD) prevention.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts such as Lean Manufacturing, Green Belt Training.
- Possess willingness to extend and work fair share of overtime requirements.
- Communicate and maintain positive relationships with second or third shifts to allow a successful production status and technical turnover between shifts.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent and 4-6 years of related experience.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Ability to read blueprints, familiar with mechanical / electronic components, lock wire specifications, etc.
- 1 year of direct related experience.