Ascent Aviation Services is one of the largest aviation maintenance, repair, overhaul, storage and reclamation operations in the world. Our strength comes from our talented and professional employees who excel through teamwork and enthusiasm. Ascent Aviation Services continues to grow and are continually looking for motivated and career minded aviation professionals who will support our vision and goals.
To provide financial and analytical support for Ascent Aviation Services
Potential Hazards: Exposure to hazardous materials and heat stress.
Physical Demands: Requires sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Requires frequent walking, climbing, bending and reaching to shoulder level. Requires occasional squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling weight up to 10 pounds. Requires repetitive hand movement. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Equipment Operated: Telephone, personal computer, printer, adding machine, copy machine, facsimile machine.
Work Location: Finance Offices (second floor), other first and second floor departments/offices.
Potential Hazards: Exposure to materials identified on Safety Data Sheets.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
- As a key business partner, work in areas including budgeting, performance reporting, and expense management
- Partner with FP&A Director and business leaders to develop and analyze annual budgets for assigned departments
- Use financial modeling based on operational volume drivers and historical trends to develop annual budgets
- Create and maintain weekly and monthly KPI and financial reporting, which will be utilized to make strategic and informed business decisions
- Own monthly variance analysis for assigned departments, review results with business leaders, reconcile actual costs with budget, and summarize variance explanations
- Perform post-mortem analysis after aircraft departs and present financial results of project
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Will participate in and support safety initiatives, safe work practices and SMS compliance
- Will participate in safety activities including the following: immediately reporting hazards, unsafe work practices and accidents/injuries
- Will follow all safety rules, FAA regulations, Personal Protective Equipment compliance and equipment operation requirements
Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel; MS PowerPoint knowledge preferred
- Comfortable working with large data sets and pivot tables, performing v-lookups, and using excel formulas
- Knowledge of Financial Planning Systems (Hyperion, Adaptive, etc.) preferred
- Analytical with strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Able to multitask and deliver within tight deadlines
- Must be able to work successfully in a team environment and be adaptable and flexible to navigate changing priorities
Education/Training: Undergraduate degree in Finance/Economics/Accounting or relevant field
Experience: Two or more years relevant finance experience
Travel: May be required to work at both Marana, AZ and Tucson, AZ locations as business needs dictate
Ascent Aviation Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.