Credit & Collections Analyst
Country:United States of America
Location:HOH12: Wheels & Brakes - Troy 101 Waco Street, Troy, OH, 45373 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
When you join our finance team, you’re joining a team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond. Our team supports 70,000 employees across the U.S. and around the globe. As a United Technologies Corp. subsidiary, we operate with our own business reporting structure, financial dashboards and earnings metrics. This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. At Collins Aerospace, you’ll be not only be advancing your career, you’ll be leaving your mark on the future of advanced technologies.When you join our finance team, you’re joining a team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond. Our team supports 70,000 employees across the U.S. and around the globe. As a United Technologies Corp. subsidiary, we operate with our own business reporting structure, financial dashboards and earnings metrics. This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. At Collins Aerospace, you’ll be not only be advancing your career, you’ll be leaving your mark on the future of advanced technologies.
This Credit Specialist position is a key function in collecting receivables with Strategic Business Units that the North American Financial Shared Service supports. The selected individual will interact with Strategic Business Unit (SBU) customers and managers within each SBU. Timely communication of potential issues and/or concerns from the Specialist to the SBU is critical to the success of the position. In addition, specific reporting is required to support the business decisions; including scheduled meetings.
- Contact customers for payment through written and verbal means to request payment or to discover reasons for non-payment.
- Understand specific SBU requirements for specific processes, approval limits, and authority levels, and employ standard work to be in compliance with the same.
- Document issues and appropriate action plans to resolve issues.
- Understand customer buying and payment processes to develop strategies to effect prompt payment from customers
- Perform credit evaluations on existing and new accounts to establish and adjust credit limits on accounts; submit credit override requests; includes making recommendations to SBU managerial associates to gain consensus
- Review new orders for approval, hold, or qualification depending on available credit limit and risk category (i.e. open account, cash in advance, etc.) while considering status of existing accounts receivable; exercise of judgment utilized considering current state of accounts receivable and customer credit worthiness.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of relevant experience OR
- AA/AS Degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience OR
- In the absence of a HS Diploma, GED or AA/AS Degree, 8 years of relevant experience is Required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience specifically in Credit and Collections
- Minimum of 2 years of experience specifically in SAP or equivalent ERP Application
- Working in a team environment
- Cash Application and/or reconciliation skills
- Microsoft Office experience
- Ability to operate in fast paced environment
- Financial Statement analysis experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office experience
- Financial analytical skills
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.