Sales and Business Development Director– North America
4 days left
- Manages Others?
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet’s resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
Knowing what Thales does today, means asking where technology is taking us tomorrow. We are creating the waves of digital transformation that will cary our customers into the future. Where these transformations intersect and interfere is where the most interesting and innovative tomorrows are being built. Thales operates at the intersection of these technologies to find every tomorrow.
We are currently looking for a Sales and Business Development Director - North America to join our Thales Alenia team. This position is remote .
- Assist in developing the overall North America Space sales and business development strategy for the OEN domains (Observation, Exploration and Navigation) and Telecom Business Lines, for Commercial, Institutional and Government (non-military) markets.
- Detect, lead and coordinate responses to all accessible Sales opportunities (RFIs, RFPs, Call for Ideas, Studies, etc.) for the US and Canadian Markets (New Business Initiatives, commercial market, NASA HQ and NASA centers,NOAA, CASIS, AFRL, SWRI, LASP, CSA, etc.).
- Detect indirect opportunities (non-published) and develop, when possible, strategic efforts to collaborate with US Primes (Lockheed, Boeing, NG, Raytheon, Ball and others) leveraging and promoting TAS’s heritage and expertise.
- Support the development of the North America sales marketing plan.
- Attend Industry events, symposiums and seminars, as conference panelist and/or as participant to promote TAS product lines.
- Analyze the accessible and non-accessible market, customer needs and developments, budgeted investment programs, competition (strategy, products).
- Develop and execute formal capture plans as part of a cross functional team, and monitor competitor activity for each capture, move opportunities through the business development and proposal processes.
- Be conversant and aware of Thales Alenia Space products and services.
- Collaborate with various internal participants necessary to support capture efforts, including but not limited to TAS offices in France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium and the UK, and interface with technical, financial, sales and contracts support personnel and others (e.g. engineering, services, legal, etc.) engaged in business capture and proposal development processes.
- Present executive level collaterals to customers, partners and government agency leadership.
- Develop with intra-groups team’s solutions that increase US and Canada local content to the benefit of the end-user requirements and satisfaction.
- Generate sufficient Order Intakes in the short and medium term to grow P&L in North America.
- Share accountability to the committed budget.
- Ensure a smooth transition to Program Execution, by ensuring a proper transition to Program Managers at Thales USA and TAS offices.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with minimum 8-12+ years of work experience or Master’s degree in related field with 6+ years of work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Sales and Business development experience- minimum 10 years, 15 years preferred
- Experience in competitive business capture, strategy development, corporate teaming, proposal development, program execution, technical solutions
- Proven track records in closing opportunities
- A strong understanding and experience of GEO, MEO, LEO satellites, from a telecom and OEN payload perspectives
- A strong understanding of scientific and exploration payloads, such as Optical, SAR and infrared equipment, laser, Opto-electronic components, processors, sensors, sounders, etc.
- 50% (Travel may vary depending on sales cycle and volume of business)
- A strong network of contacts throughout the space community both government and civilian.
- Familiarity with the space acquisition government organizations.
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams.
- Experience working within a matrix business environment.
- BSEE or Undergraduate in Sciences at a minimum, Master preferred.
- Second language a plus, especially French, Italian, Spanish or German.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.