Employer: APA Services
Position: Avionics Technician
Location: Kansas City
Salary: Not Specified
Job Role: Aircraft Maintenance, Avionics
Job Type: Permanent
Minimum Exp Req'd:
Manages Others: No
Performs routine repairs, checks and installations of all Avionics systems on the aircraft while under minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Within budgeted or estimated time, repair, modify, install, and perform routine maintenance of all Avionics systems with accuracy and with minimal assistance.
- Accurately interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, wiring diagrams, system schematics, drawings, engineering orders and other documents.
- Accurately document work performed as set forth maintenance programs on a daily basis using the standard format. Prepare routine reports and correspondence.
- Fabricate per drawings and standard practices wire bundles and assemblies to include marking of wires, properly securing wires into bundles, and termination of wires into a variety of contacts and connectors.
- 2-5 years of Avionics Experience
- Boeing 737 and 767 experience is preferred
- Previous MRO experience required
- Must have working knowledge of Avionics systems and their operation and the proven ability to troubleshoot basic problems.
- Must have broad, overall knowledge of other aircraft systems e.g. hydraulic, flight controls, etc. and major components.
- High school diploma or GED AND one year as an ATS Avionics Apprentice Technician I OR three years relevant related avionics experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience/training.
- Airframe license is desired.
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
About Our Client:
This client is headquartered in Everett, Washington, with additional operations in Moses Lake, Washington; Kansas City, Missouri; and Fort Worth, Texas. This national MRO network provides seamless support for military, commercial and regional aircraft operators – including airframe maintenance, component repair, engineering support, fuselage painting, and business jet services.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
To learn about APA Services' ground-breaking employee referral program "Constant Cash", please click to watch the video below or visit apaconstantcash.com. Visit us at apaconstantcash.com to register, refer and start earning today.