Mgr Pricing and Proposals
4 days left
- Manages Others?
Job Summary: Manages the design, development and execution of pricing objectives and strategies for aerospace products and services in support of marketing and business plans. Develops economic pricing solutions in accordance with accepted principles and objectives of the company. Provides leadership for estimating and bidding proposals and employing Continuous Improvement throughout the function.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
• Accomplishes results through direct reports and staff working within established organizational objectives. Performs typical responsibilities of management requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, collaborating, and coaching. Work is reviewed for adequacy in meeting cost, schedule and quality objectives.
• Plans, coordinates and controls the activities of gated proposal processes through a cross-functional team including Sales, Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality, and Operations to result in timely, compliant responses to customer requests.
• Handles complex proposals supported by risk assessment, cash flow, scope of supply definition, responsibility matrix and project schedule.
• Researches and analyzes cross-functional team inputs and historical cost data where appropriate.
• Evaluates non-recurring cost elements for validity and proper accounting of capitalized versus period expenses.
• Evaluates direct and indirect recurring cost elements including labor, material, variable and fixed overheads, and SG&A.
• Compiles non-recurring and recurring costs into various estimated economic alternatives.
• Assesses risk of cost inputs, volumes, and macroeconomic impacts and incorporate in economic model.
• Generates cost and pricing models and develop price recommendations in accordance compliance with policy.
• Coordinates preparation of program schedules and technical, operational, and commercial volumes and matrices in support of proposals.
• Reviews competition pricing to determine price trends for future proposals.
• Monitors market pricing trends and adjust pricing strategy accordingly.
Ancillary Functions & Responsibilities: Performs other duties as required. These duties may include assignments in job classifications and departments other than the primary assignment.
Minimum: 4 Year / Bachelors Degree in Finance, economics, marketing or business administration or other appropriate discipline from an accredited institution
Preferred: Graduate Degree in Finance, economics, marketing or business administration or other appropriate discipline from an accredited institution
A combination of education, experience, and training may be substituted for the degree requirement.
Minimum Years of Experience: 5 - 7 or more Related experience and/or training. Aerospace industry experience highly desired. Experience with SAP ERP system.
Supervisory/Management Experience: 5.
The supervisory/management experience requirement is included in, not additional to, the overall experience requirements.
Skills & Competencies: