Construction Project Manager
This role will be a key part of our UK team, bringing experience in managing the execution of projects for TNO’s, DNO’s and Private Developers. The key tasks and responsibilities are as follows:
- Lead on all aspects of safety and CDM compliance for construction projects in your portfolio including adherence to the Burns & McDonnell safety programmes and initiatives
- Responsible for the profit and loss for the construction phase of the project, the successful completion of projects within specified dates, and establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with the client, contractors and project stakeholders
- Provide oversite for day to day construction activities including planning and procurement
- Write and deliver the construction phase plan and other plans such as quality plans and environmental plans with the assistance of the relevant specialist
- Drive project schedules, manage scope, and control project costs
- Lead on the downstream tendering of subcontracts to deliver work within the allocated portfolio
- Manage project commercials, resourcing, contract coordination and risk management
- Confirm deliverables and services are being provided to client’s satisfaction
- Report monthly on progress, cost and programme, procurement, safety, environmental, risk and any issues requiring office support.
- Reporting to the Operations Director in the UK.
- Lead and oversee all aspects of project execution under your portfolio
- Help to develop world class project staff and teams and assist to recruit project staff as we grow the business
- Develop bid stage technical solutions with partners and the engineering team
- Interact in a professional manner with clients and colleagues to achieve project objectives
- Able to manage multiple projects and conflicting deadlines
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a project team
- Ongoing development of future project opportunities and Burns & McDonnell brand recognition.
- Personal professional development and partaking in professional bodies and industry groups
- Mentoring of others within the team.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or similar in a relevant subject from an accredited institution
- Minimum of ten years of transmission and/or distribution project experience with at least 7 years related project management experience
- Relevant Professional Qualification / Accreditation
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and stakeholder management experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel and work away from home location / office.
- IT literate, with good knowledge of using Microsoft Office applications.
- Membership of relevant industry body including professional registration preferred, e.g. The IET, ICE, IMECHE.
Job Field Construction Management
Primary Location GB-Birmingham UK-Birmingham
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 200929