- Manages Others?
ENG- TeamGlobal is recruiting for a Buyer whose principal responsibilities are to analyze demand for new material supplies, identify capable sources of supplies, issue requests for quotations/proposals, perform price analysis, assure compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations/Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations by executing compliant procurement packages, and ensure on time delivery of material. For more details please read on.
* Procures materials from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need.
* Study market trends, interviews vendors and recommends sources of supply.
* Solicit and analyzes quotations required to satisfy all the requirements of the authorizing source documentation.
* Monitor outstanding orders to ensure timely deliveries of quality products to maintain production.
* Negotiate for any adjustments resulting from price analysis, discrepant materials, surplus or obsolete materials, contract terminations, or a purchase order cancellation.
* Follow up on orders to expedite delivery and shipment.
* Obtain certifications of delivery and conduct item delivery validation.
* Check and approve payment of invoices for orders placed.
* Develop and maintain necessary records and files for efficient operation.
* Assist in the support required for the preparation of proposal cost data.
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelors Degree in related field
* Excellent attention to detail and follow-up on assignments that require multiple touches
* Experience in Procurement is desirable, preferably 2 or more years
* Defense industry experience is a plus
* Experience with Excel is required
* Experience with Oracle Procurement is preferred