Sheet Metal/LO Coater Technician
- Read and interpret F-22 engineering drawings, technical manuals, structure repair manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes - Identify aircraft locations by station, butt-line, and waterline as shown on engineering documentation and technical orders.
- Work with precision measuring instruments, micrometers, calipers, tape measures, and standard scales. Utilizes tools to include but not limited to drills, angle motors, shears, drill press, and pneumatic riveter.
- Fabricate detail parts such as shims, splices, gussets, angles, brackets, doublers, stiffeners, and patches - Use shop aids to facilitate assembly and installation as required.
- Bonding of aircraft parts, assemblies and materials on complete and incomplete aircraft
- exercising a complete knowledge of bonding practices, procedures, makes layouts and locates parts and material for exacting fit where critical surface contours, edge distances or coordinated dimensions must be established and maintained;
- completes all bonding operations exercising ingenuity in determining the most efficient fabrication and assembly methods;
- verifies application/condition of installed materials for conformity to specifications and determines material and time required to perform repairs;
- removes, takes corrective action and makes reinstallations where design and modification changes.
- Sets up and operates various types of material testers and mixers