Safety Engineer - Level 2
4 days left
- Manages Others?
ENG-MFC-REQ-2806 - TeamGlobal now offers a 401(k) plan with matching funds on eligible contributions. So fat we have matched in excess of $369K in contributions. We are recruiting for a Safety Engineer whose primary task is to support development and qualification of missile/fire control systems. Please read the entire job description and if interested inquire today or call 817-847-6673 and ask for an engineering recruiter.
* Primary task is to support development and qualification of missile/fire control systems.
* Review product systems, associated support equipment and facilities, functional specifications and operations, and establish safety requirements for assigned systems.
* Independently analyze and recommend safety criteria in system design, equipment and procedures to control or eliminate hazards.
* Perform hazard analyses including sub and system hazard analyses, bent pin analysis, software system safety assessment, hazardous material management planning and execution.
* Support safety board activities.
* Develop safety documents as required to support customer and test/operational range requirements.
* Participate in accident investigations involving damage to products or related facilities and assist in identification of causes and corrective actions.
* Evaluates the interrelationship of system safety requirements and other aspects of concept design and development requirements to ensure the most cost effective program.
* Must be a US Citizen with a clear background
* Bachelors Degree from an accredited college (preferably in an engineering focused discipline OR equivalent experience/combined education.
* Must have at least 7 years of professional / hands-on experience.
* System safety experience supporting MIL-STD-882 programs (or equivalent industry standards).
* Experience developing, interpreting, and flowing down System Safety requirements.
* Experience performing Safety Hazard Analyses.
* Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
* Missile and/or launcher safety experience.
* System Hazard Analysis (SHA), Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Threat Hazard Assessment (THA), bent pin analysis/energy trace, & Flight Test Safety Assessment Reports (SAR). * System Safety Program Plan Development.
* Software Safety analysis per AMCOM 385-17 and AOP 52.
* Experience preparing for U.S Government Safety Review Boards (develop technical data package & presentation).