- The technician makes repairs to C-130 aircraft. Install system modifications and install cables & cable assemblies for C-130 Avionics upgrades.
- Terminate wires and connectors; perform continuity testing. Install complex mission systems and the provisions for electronic counter measures in C-130 aircraft
- Researches technical data and performs inspection, testing, adjusting, and repairing of avionics equipment, such as radar, radio, navigation, auto pilot, and compass systems, installed in aircraft in accordance with applicable maintenance manuals, FAA regulations and Ascent Aviation policies and procedures.
- Accomplished maintenance actions are concisely and accurately recorded on repair station and/or customer provided approved documents.
- Inspects components of avionics equipment for defects, such as loose connections and frayed wire, and for accuracy of assembly and installation. Tests avionics equipment under simulated or actual operating conditions to determine performance and airworthiness, using test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, digital meters and counters, and circuit analyzers.
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces defective components based on analysis of test results, following blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical documents.
- Calibrates installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications.