Aircraft Engine Inspectors
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Engine Inspectors in Oscoda, Michigan.Job Summary:
Inspect aircraft and components for discrepancies. Inspect and evaluate work performed by mechanics, sheet metal mechanics, and avionics technicians to ensure the proper rework of discrepancies.Job Duties:
- Review the scope and detail of inspection requirements and inspect aircraft and components by obtaining and interpreting work cards. Complete a visual inspection of aircraft areas opened by mechanics, including by not limited to fuel tanks, empennage, cargo areas, under floor areas, fuselage skin, engines, pylons, wings, flight control surfaces, flight decks, and landing gear.
- Identify non-routine work on aircraft systems, including but not limited to engine performance, pneumatic/hydraulics, pressurization, air conditioning, electrical, fuel and flight controls.
- Identify the location of discrepancies by using fuselage body stations and butt lines.
- Interpret and ensure compliance with all maintenance manual instructions, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, and fleet campaign directives.
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed and potential damage to company property is minimized by overseeing aircraft handling activities, including but not limited to jacking, fueling, defueling, and towing.
- Perform a receiving inspection for new and continued service parts to ensure serviceability, including but not limited to verifying certification from the manufacturer or overhaul facility, and inspecting for shipping damage. Maintaining control and inventory for the QC Bond quarantine cage, including submitting reports of Suspected Unapproved Parts (SUPs) to the Director of Quality Control.
- Conduct a weight and balance analysis by using approved maintenance manuals and scales.
- Ensure completion of logbook entries and release the aircraft as airworthy for test flight or flight operation checks.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable FAA regulations during the course of day to day assignments.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspections of articles, and determine serviceability and/or repair requirements by obtaining, reviewing, and interpreting inspections requirements.
- Ensure proper rework of discrepancies by inspecting and evaluating work performed by shop mechanics / technicians.
- Ensure completion of maintenance entries and work records for all articles inspected.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Inspection Supervisor or Senior Inspector.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Hold and airframe and powerplant certificate.
- Have at least 2 years of experience maintaining the same category and class of aircraft used by Kalitta Air.
- Must have adequate documented training to substantiate qualifications.
- High school graduate; some college and/or technical school desirable.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience maintaining the same category and class of aircraft used by Kalitta Air.
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail.
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.