STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Inspectors in Goodyear, Arizona.Responsibilities:
- Maintain the daily operation of the Repair Station in compliance with all applicable Code of Federal Regulations, Repair Station Procedures, customer requirements, and manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Adheres to quality inspection standards in accordance with the company’s Repair Station Manual/Quality Control Manual (RSM/QCM).
- Promote and support all client safety initiatives and programs.
- Inspect, evaluate and perform surveillance of work performed by AMT’s.
- Inspect aircraft and components by obtaining and interpreting work cards, reviewing inspection requirements’ scope and detail, completing visual inspection of aircraft areas opened by AMT’s including but not limited to fuel tanks, empennage, cargo areas, under floor area, fuselage skin, engines, pylons, wings, flight control surfaces, flight decks, and landing gear.
- Ensure that all work is performed using the correct approved data.
- Ensure the quality of all completed work meets client and customer expectations.
- Perform receiving inspection requirements for new and continued-service parts for serviceability, including but not limited to verifying certification from manufacture or overhaul facility and inspecting for shipping damage.
- Conduct weight and balance analysis by using approved maintenance manuals and scales.
- Perform NDT inspections if and as authorized on the client’s Management, Supervisory and Inspection Roster.
- Ensure completion of logbook entries and “Return to Service” for work completed by the Repair Station.
- Ensure proper completion of all client and customer work documents used by the Repair Station.
- Comply with all client and customer training requirements.
- Promote and assist with On The Job training for newly hired inspection personnel.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to maintenance personnel.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Lead Inspector.
- This is a safety sensitive position and is subject to submit to pre-employment and periodic DOT regulations for drug and alcohol testing.
- S. diploma or G.E.D. certificate
- Must have an Airframe & Power Plant (A & P) License.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience utilizing A & P License.
- Attention to detail is imperative.
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be efficient with a desire to succeed.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must exhibit a high level of confidentiality with work product.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be a dedicated self starter.
- Must be flexible.
- Near-vision acuity – natural or corrected near-vision acuity in at least one eye, corrected or uncorrected, but be such that the applicant can read a Snellan equivalent of 20/25 (Jaeger number 2) letters at not less than 12 inches [30.5cm] on a standard Jaeger test chart. This test will be administered annually.
- Distance-vision acuity – natural or corrected distance-vision acuity in at least one eye, either corrected or uncorrected, must be better than Snellan equivalent 20/30 (Jaeger number 4 letters at not less than 18.0 inches [45.7cm] on a standard Jaeger test chart) This test will be administered manually.
- Color contrast differentiation – capable of distinguishing and differentiating contrast among colors or shades of gray used in the method as determined by the employer. This test will be conducted upon initial certification and at three year intervals thereafter.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to wear and breathe through a full-face respirator.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals that require the use of safety equipment.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, stand for prolonged periods of time, and climb ladders, stands, and operate man-lifts.
- Must be comfortable with heights and confined spaces.
- Normal or Corrected Hearing.
- Visual acuity must be a minimum of 20/40 corrected.
- Must be able to access all areas of the aircraft.
Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check, verification of credentials, and a urinary pre-employment test for drugs as per the DOT regulations.Education
- High School or better
- Airframe Powerplant
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.