Entry-Level CMM Operator
STS Technical Services is hiring an Entry-Level CMM Operator in West Point, Mississippi.Position Overview:
In this role, the Entry Level Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Operator will develop, maintain, and generate CMM programs used to inspect and verify production materials and components. They will also review part specifications to establish correct inspection criteria and ensure parts meet design requirements.Responsibilities:
- Performs CMM inspection utilizing manual operation, pre-written programs or generates new CMM programming in support of in-process inspection, final inspection, first article inspection / PPAP or other requirements.
- Ensures all preventative maintenance and calibrations for metrology equipment is performed on all metrology equipment per the OEM requirements or common industry calibration methodologies.
- Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met.
- Maintains throughput (efficiency and effectiveness) to ensure that material is being measured in a timely fashion and data integrity objectives are met.
- Assist with Receiving Inspection and online inspection.
- Assist client Engineering with Reverse Engineering activities as needed.
- Assist Manufacturing / supplier quality in resolution of non-conforming product.
- Issue 8D’s to subcontractors or internal when deficient material is identified and perform duties as the client’s team member lead.
- Communicates CMM inspection results and assists in interpretation of results as required.
- Performs inspection using other measurement tools when required.
- Performs or oversees the performance of import/export of CAD data related to CMM functions as required.
- Creates, revises and maintains applicable work instructions and procedures applicable to CMM and laboratory operations in accordance with ISO/IEC17025 requirements.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the Lab.
- All other duties assigned by management.
- High School Diploma required. Associates Degree in a technical field preferred.
- Moderate to strong knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T), per the ASME 14.5m-1994 standard, is required.
- Experience working for an IATF16949 certified organization is preferred.
- Documented training or 2-3 years’ experience with CMM operation required.
- Familiarity with Keyence WM-3000 preferred.
- Calibration and repair knowledge is preferred.
- MSA experience preferred.
- Experience in a facility that manufactures heavy trucks for the Defense industry is preferred.
- Good conceptual capabilities and ability to communicate verbally and in writing is required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Programs including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word is required.
- ITAR / EAR Controlled environment.
- Working conditions may include working outside of a climate-controlled environment for long periods of time.
- PPE is required per company procedures and includes safety shoes, safety glasses and safety vest.
- Will require periodic travel to client’s other facilities and/or subcontractor locations
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.