Employer: APA Services
Position: QC Inspector
Salary: Not Specified
Job Role: Aircraft Maintenance, Compliance and Regulatory, Quality Assurance / Inspection
Job Type: Permanent
Minimum Exp Req'd:
Manages Others: No
Inspects aircraft parts/components and materials in accordance with proper procedures, methods, practices operations and safety. Reviews and audits technical records that support airworthiness of all aircraft, aircraft parts/components and in accordance with the Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR’S).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches technical data and performs inspection of hangared aircraft in heavy maintenance checks, of flightline/storage induction or reactivation and back shop repair/overhaul maintenance activities in accordance with applicable aircraft/component maintenance manuals, FAA regulations and Ascent Aviation policies and procedures.
- Enforces Quality Control standards for material receiving, shipping, storage, handling, repairs and overhaul to see that quality, allowable tolerances and other specifications and standards set by the Ascent Aviation and the applicable manufacturer are met.
- Performs inspection of aircraft components during their assembly, installation and adjustment phases of incorporation onto an aircraft to ensure that the workmanship and materials conform to the aircraft manufacturers specifications and maintenance manual procedures.
- Ensures that all Work-In-Progress is properly documented as to the worked performed and that corrective actions used, have the proper technical data references documented properly in the corrective action block and the work in progress steps.
- Records all inspection data on the proper form, report and/or inspection tag and bring to the attention of the Lead Inspector any irregularities in the daily standard practices used that would cause injury to personnel or the aircraft unsafe or un-airworthy.
- Performs maintenance work/repair of company equipment and general shop housecleaning.
- Tests tightness of airframe connections with hand tools and utilizes flashlight and mirror to inspect fit of parts.
- Examines assembly, installation, and adjustment of ailerons and rudders to ensure that workmanship and materials conform with Civil Air Regulations, company specifications, and manual procedures.
- Determines accuracy of installation of components in power plant and hydraulic system using protractor, micrometer, calipers, and gauges to ensure that specified tolerances are met.
- Signs inspection tag to approve unit, or records reasons for rejecting unit.
- Logs inspections performed on aircraft.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines; attention to detail and mathematical skills; ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow verbal and written instruction; ability to interpret and apply technical data relating to the job and position; ability to safely drive and operate a standard shift automotive vehicle and other applicable equipment; ability to work with or without supervision. Ability to solve practical problems and have good verbal communication skills.
- Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary education or training in aircraft maintenance or equivalent combination of education, training or experience required. Skills in the use of computer systems, maintenance manuals, documentation systems and the Federal Aviation Regulations are required.
- Experience: Three years experience in aircraft inspection preferred.
- Certificates/Licenses: A&P License and valid driver’s license required.
- Other: May be required to work at both Marana, AZ and Tucson, AZ locations as business needs dictate.
- WORKING CONDITIONS Physical Demands: Requires standing on concrete floors for extended periods of time. Requires sitting on work bench stool, aircraft flooring or other structural surface for extended periods of time. Requires frequent walking from 15 to 150 feet to obtain parts and/or tools to accomplish task, bending, stooping, squatting, climbing, and reaching above shoulder level. Requires occasional crawling, crouching, kneeling, and balancing. Requires frequent lifting, carrying pushing or pulling weight up to 10 pounds. Requires occasional lifting of parts and materials from 10 to 50 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires corrected vision to 20/20 and hearing to normal range. Equipment Operated: Ladders, stands, hi-lifts, flashlights, borescopes, magnifying glasses, standard office equipment. Work Location: Aircraft maintenance hangar, maintenance offices, Flightline. Potential Hazards: Exposure to high intensity noise levels, changes in temperature, materials identified on Safety Data Sheets, working on unprotected heights or around moving machinery. Protective Equipment Required: Goggles, safety glasses, face shields, ear protection, aprons, gloves, safety harnesses, breathing equipment
About Our Client:
Specializing in Both Narrow and Wide Body Aircraft servicing Regional to Long-haul Routes
our client is internationally recognized as the most trusted provider of superior maintenance, repair and modification solutions for your narrow and wide body aircraft. They service most types and manufacturers of commercial aircraft providing flights from regional to long-haul routes. They are Boeing fleet heavy maintenance experts, and one of the only MRO facilities in the United States capable of performing Heavy Checks on B747 Aircraft. With over 35 years of proven industry experience.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
To learn about APA Services' ground-breaking employee referral program "Constant Cash", please click to watch the video below or visit apaconstantcash.com. Visit us at apaconstantcash.com to register, refer and start earning today.