Employer: APA Services
Position: Avionics Tech-Dothan
Salary: Not Specified
Job Role: Aircraft Maintenance, Avionics
Job Type: Permanent
Minimum Exp Req'd:
Manages Others: No
Avionics Techs needed to start ASAP in Dothan, AL!
Minimum 3 years aircraft avionics repair experience. With Minimum of 3 years of Boeing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Job Duties:
- · Inspect, test, troubleshoot and repair the complex electronic components of communication, navigation, and flight-control systems (for engine operations, flight patterns, navigation systems, radio communications, and weather radar systems).
- · Must know how to interpret flight test data to diagnose malfunctions.
- · Carryout preventive maintenance, repairs, part replacement and modifications for aircrafts
- · Must be proficient with wire stripping, connector repair and re-pinning and wire/harness layup.
- · Perform functional flight tests of electrical and electronic systems.
- · Perform the assigned maintenance task in accordance with the Federal Aviation Regulations, manufacturer’s recommendations, customers approved maintenance program, approved or acceptable data.
- · Must complete and sign maintenance and installation documents for every piece of equipment.
- · Perform high quality and airworthy work in accordance with the Task Card instructions provided to them by the Project Manager and/or their Lead.
- · Become familiar with and follow the requirements of this Repair Station Manual, Federal Aviation Regulations, Airworthiness Directives, advisory circular, manufacturer’s service bulletins and any other required to perform their assigned work. Never begin any maintenance unless in possession of the proper, current and applicable approved or acceptable data.
- · Ensure that the issued Task Card is properly scanned together with the Technician’s information before beginning the assigned task(s) for time-keeping purposes.
- · Adhere to Commercial Jet’s standard procedures and policies.
- · Accurately and legibly, record the maintenance or alteration on the proper repair station and/or customer supplied forms including their signature or initials and employee number.
- · Report any difficulties, uncertainties, unserviceable equipment or potential safety hazards to their supervisor and observe all safety precautions in the performance of assigned tasks at all times.
- · Report any tool issues to stores and ensure the correct tag is attached and properly completed.
- · Take part in any required training including GMM and safety.
- · Keep all work areas clean and orderly.
- · Proven ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Is a certified Avionics Technician possessing a valid A & P certificate with a minimum of 3 years working experience.
- Must accomplish Electro-Static Devices handling and Standard wiring practices training. (Both accomplished through OJT). Avionics familiarization course/training certification in conjunction with skill level.
- Preferably possesses FCC restricted radio-telephone operator's license.
- Is required to be proficient in oral and written English. Knowledge of spoken Spanish is an advantage.
- High School Diploma/GED. Commercial or Military experience is acceptable.
- Working Conditions: · Requires frequent walking, standing and/or climbing. · Are expected to have knowledge and experience in working through specially designed airframe, engine and undercarriage openings while standing on ladders or scaffolds; to use hoists and lifts; required precision instruments and other necessary tools. · Must be able to lift and/or pull objects weighing at least 50 lbs.
About Our Client:
Our Client provides turn-key aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services for a wide array of commercial and military aircraft. As an independent FAA EASA approved repair station, our client’s services include scheduled and non-scheduled passenger airlines, cargo operators and leasing company’s maintenance.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
To learn about APA Services' ground-breaking employee referral program "Constant Cash", please click to watch the video below or visit apaconstantcash.com. Visit us at apaconstantcash.com to register, refer and start earning today.