Salary$58,260 - $75,740 a year
Pulled from the full job description
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
Full Job Description
- Coordinate the work of personnel engaged in emergency response and transportation.
- Provide input to patient transportation plan.
- Update standard operating procedures (SOPs) of emergency care protocols.
- Monitor execution of plans to ensure effective transport of patients
- Perform advanced Paramedic procedures.
- Job family (Series)
0640 Health Aid And TechnicianSimilar jobs
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position is subject to a criminal history NACI background investigation.
- This position requires you to be able to obtain and maintain a valid, State-issued motor vehicle driver's license.
- Must possess and maintain current Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) certification commensurate with the requirement of the positions to which currently assigned (emergency medical technician - paramedic (EMT-P).
- Civilian EMT's who are not NREMT certified will, as a minimum, possess EMT certification.
- This position requires you to possess and maintain current Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification.
- This position requires you to possess and maintain Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification.
- This position requires you to possess and maintain a Basic Life Saver certification.
- This position requires a pre-employment physical.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing under the Civilian Drug Abuse Testing Program.
- This position requires you to obtain and maintain on-post driving privileges.
- This position requires the employee to wear a prescribed uniform and protective clothing.
- This position is Inclement Weather Essential and requires the employee to perform work in all types of weather.
- This position has a requirement to lift up to 50 lbs. in the regular performance of duties.
- Work may involve exposure to harmful chemicals and/or contagious/communicable diseases that could be fatal or cause serious illness. Little protection can be afforded prior to the disease diagnosis.
- This position will require shift work. I understand this position may have alternating work hours or rotating shifts.
- This position requires the employee to obtain Hepatitis B Immunization unless exempted by a physician and to be screened for applicable immunizations.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Interchange Agreement
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel Workforce
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Modification of Term Appointments
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized experience is defined as: demonstrated experience in coordinating work among employees in providing emergency response, developing or updating standard operating procedures of emergency care protocols, providing emergency medical care (in instances such as cardiac response, wounds, fractures, airway obstruction, bleeding and shock, etc) during transportation responses, and assessing the quality of or providing input in order to improve a patient transport system. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-08).
Licensure/Certification: This position requires a paramedic certification (EMT-P).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Emergency Medical Care
- Emergency Response
- Health Care Facility Administration
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-08). Education
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 - Medical position.
- You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
- If a MSP applicant is determined best qualified and selected, placement must be at the full performance level for priority consideration.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
Not RequiredDrug test required
YesPosition sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low RiskTrust determination process
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- Proof of Eligibility to Apply: Your application must include the documents which prove you are eligible to apply for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the Who May Apply section above to receive further consideration.
- Time-in-grade documentation: If you are applying for a higher grade and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-grade Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old).
- This position has an individual occupational requirement and/or allows for substitution of education for experience. If you meet this requirement based on education you MUST submit a copy of your transcript with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses
- This position requires a job-related license or certification. You MUST submit a copy of your license or certification with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
About the Position: The position is located at Dugway Proving Ground a remote & isolated installation approximately 50 minutes from Tooele, Utah and 90 minutes drive from Salt Lake City, Utah. Dugway has a highly professional workforce providing support to an array of missions and organizations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status
Help This job is open to
- Federal employees - Competitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
- Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
- Family of overseas employees
Family members of a federal employee or uniformed service member who is, or was, working overseas.
- Federal employees - Excepted service
Current excepted service federal employees.
- Individuals with disabilities
- Land & base management
Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.
- Military spouses
- Special authorities
Individuals eligible under a special authority not listed above, but defined in the federal hiring regulations.
See "Who May Apply" in the "Qualifications" section for more information on who is eligible to apply for this position.